My first FOTD here! WooHoo!
The Valentino Fall '07 collection had me inspired. ;]

This is what I was going for: ~

00410005valentiom.jpg

00260m.jpg

0066005valentio0m.jpg

00240m.jpg

This is what I done: ~

[As always: moisturised; smudged Vaseline on lips to make applying lipstick/gloss/liner easier.]

- Tried to keep base as immaculate as possible so I used L'Oreal Infallible foundation in porcelain, slicked on with Ruby & Millie foundation brush; no concealer was needed as this foundation is definitely noooo light coverage product. Went over with a mattifying, translucent powder.

- Pencilled a deeper, more defined line along brows to emphasize some arch, and then combed through to soften it up.

- White eyeliner on water-line - which I went quite OTT with (which I don't usually actually like at all! but for the purposes of copying this look, I put on a little more than I normally would).
Brown eyeshadow over eyelid, and blent softly upward, then swept another coat in the crease, winging out slightly; and then a smidgen of brown brushed on as smoky liner.
Slope of white eyeshadow just under the brows, and a little white eyeshadow on inner corners of eyes.

- I believe false lashes may have been used (it appeared so in the video clip), but I'm utterly hopeless when it comes to sticking them on, so - after applying a thin stroke of black liquid liner (drawn as closely to lashes as possible), with a tiny upward flick, - I used lashings of black mascara on top lashes; and minimal natural brown mascara on lower lashes.

- Smoothed black wine lipstick over lips, paying attention to prettify the cupid bow (AKA: make it into ^^ as the models have)... and boy do I need to work on the art of applying deeper shades of lipstick!
winks.gif
I'm not used to it, I tells ye! anyhow...

- A tiny, tiny amount of bronzer on the apples of my cheeks.

- I tonged some curls in my wonderfully awful morning hair. :/ C'est tout!

This is the result: ~

biguah091cdfdopy.jpg

biguah113copy.jpg

biguah1d17.jpg

biguah029ddcopy.jpg

Quite happy with the way it turned out; though the lipstick turned out lighter in the photos than I expected. Also I should have probably sorted out that hair... I didn't know this would be a FOTD at the time, haha! I had been up all night, wasn't going out anywhere special, and couldn't be bothered to do my whole head of hair in curls only to have to wash it out again. :p

So yah - voilà! My first FOTD!... So special!
I'd like to thank... all the girls.. at Specktra.net, and omg... Valentino.! *weeps and ruins makeup* ;D

x.