VGVI Spokesmodel?

OnaFyre

So, who's going to be the main VGVI spokesperson. Kinda like how Pam Anderson was the main one for VGV, but there were other women who were with the original ad campaign.
I hope its Dita or maybe Eve. By the by, did I read somewhere that dita is the face for the holiday collections?

queenofdisaster

i think it's eve.. she's the only one i have heard of promoting it so far on tv... and her pic is first on the little presentation on the mac site, isn't it? i love her...
smiles.gif

OnaFyre

You're right, she is the first one on the website... but she had the smallest blurb on the postcards... but then again for various reasons she's probably the most media-friendly and therefore best choice for spokespersonship... hmm...

pugmommy7

Eve is hot! i love her. she's got much spunk.
I like Dita- although I think she can be overkill...but that is just me. she is gorgeous.

maxcat

I actually think Eve is doing the best job on the media circuit. She's been outstanding, doing all sorts of radio interviews all over NY - and she's really smart.

Arabella

I agree that Eve is the best choice. She's more popular and gets more positive media attention than the other girls. I think more women will want to buy the lipstick if they see that she wears it. The other girls are beautiful too, but I don't think they would appeal to as many people as Eve does. A lot of younger people who don't listen to punk music don't know who Debbie Harry is, Lisa Marie is kind of weird sometimes, and some conservative people might be offended by Dita because she's a nude model.

Sanne

how cool for Dita to be the holiday model, she's soo beautiful!!! I think that she and eve are also the best spokespersons for VGVI cause they're the most famous!!

merleskaya

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arabella
I agree that Eve is the best choice. She's more popular and gets more positive media attention than the other girls. I think more women will want to buy the lipstick if they see that she wears it. The other girls are beautiful too, but I don't think they would appeal to as many people as Eve does. A lot of younger people who don't listen to punk music don't know who Debbie Harry is, Lisa Marie is kind of weird sometimes, and some conservative people might be offended by Dita because she's a nude model.

<chuckle> I'll cast my vote for Debbie in the spirit of us 80s girls old enough to 1) own Blondie on vinyl and 2) recall the stories of MAC's US debut in a small space at Henri Bendel in NY. She looks fantastic in her 50s, and I love her quote on the Viva Glam postcard.

merleskaya

IheartMAC

There were the original spokepeople for VGV (Christina, Missy, Chloe, Linda) and THEN it was just Pam for like a year, the contract was over for the others. So maybe after a year and some they will have just one spokesperson for VG VI other than the original 4.

Hauddi77

My MA told me that Dita is only one of the spokesmodels for VGVI, not the holiday collection. I got my Dita VGVI postcard!!!! YAY!!!

ms.marymac

Quote:
Originally Posted by merleskaya
<chuckle> I'll cast my vote for Debbie in the spirit of us 80s girls old enough to 1) own Blondie on vinyl and 2) recall the stories of MAC's US debut in a small space at Henri Bendel in NY. She looks fantastic in her 50s, and I love her quote on the Viva Glam postcard.

merleskaya

Me too...I think the other ladies are great but Debbie Harry is the shiznit! I find that her name leaves a few people confused but as soon as you say, "Blondie" or mention one of her songs, people get it. Oh! She also was one of the first people to rap! :nana:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cOQES2WnnlY

giz2000

Quote:
Originally Posted by merleskaya

merleskaya

I'm in that club! I still have my Blondie LP (vinyl, baby!) and I actually shopped at the Henri Bendel for my first MAC item ever...wow, that was a long time ago!

kimmy

it should be Eve, because as everyone said she's the most media friendly person on the bill. (i wish it would be Debbie though, i love me some Blondie!) but Dita, i think only holds appeal with a certain demographic, just like Debbie and Lisa Marie...but Eve, she gets EVERYONE's attention! i have to admit though, Lisa Marie will always have a special little place in my heart after seeing how gorgeous she could be when Kevyn Aucoin made her up to look like Marilyn Monroe
smiles.gif

i went way off topic there hahaha! forgive me, i digress.

Latest posts