VIB holiday shopping event!

sierrao

hey everyone!

i just got my invite in the mail to attend sephora's holiday shopping event, im so excited!
yahoo.gif
mine is nov 12 from 7-9

Ziya

Wow! sounds cool, what is it exactly? lol sorry I don't think we have this in Canada so I'm curious!

sierrao

this is my first sephora event so im guessing its a private shopping night and you get 20% off your entire purchase for you and a friend. so it basically like another friends and family sale

greatscott2000

Have Fun!
I got mine too, Sneak Preview tomorrow and the VIB +friend starts on Friday.

I really hope Sephora Restocks on the YSL Rouge Volupte Gloss #4. I've been waiting for MONTHS!!

BritneyDawn

Its a VIB Weekend Pass much like an F&F Sale. You get 20% off and you can use your code in store or online.But a word of advice,dont pass out your code! Its an all weekend pass for you.So you can use the discount multiple times. But you can only choose one friend to share the code with and its only good for one single use for them.Where an F&F Sale code can be pass and passed.This code is not.

jmgjwd

I went Thurs night and actually it was really lame (except for getting the discount)...they put out a small table with cupcakes & little goodies that was roped off and really uninviting and did Clarisonic consultations..no little "extras" ...though when I asked, the cashier gave me a Dior makeup case but told me 'not to say anything'? ...Also, just about everything I wanted was out of stock, but still managed to spend almost $300

Dahlia_Rayn

I'm kinda disappointed because I thought we were supposed to get a special holiday gift card based on how much money we spent through the year. It would have been nice to have that for this event, if they're even still doing that.

cindel25

Everything I wanted was out of stock so I ended up buying some skincare and paying only 50 bucks after discount. How disappointing.

Mabelle

My sephora went all out. There was a huge icecream cake, balloons, velvets and silks hanging everywear. There was sparkling sodas/waters, and mini strawberry cocktails by starbucks. Tanga was there doing demos. It was pretty cool.

Meisje

I wasn't invited (I haven't bought anything in ages) but I walked in while one was going on. They had cute drinks and a few decorations. One lady standing next to me at the Urban Decay counter threw a shit fit because she swore that the Show Pony shadow box she saw online had an XL Primer Potion in it.

coachkitten

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dahlia_Rayn
I'm kinda disappointed because I thought we were supposed to get a special holiday gift card based on how much money we spent through the year. It would have been nice to have that for this event, if they're even still doing that.

I was told by a Sephora sales associate that the VIB gift cards will be coming out in December.
smiles.gif
Hopefully that is true.

LatteQueen

one can use the pass many times on the dates it reads on the discount card? thanks..I used mine today..(Saturday 11/14/09) it reads Thursday to Sunday on my discount card...

LatteQueen

Also I hit my points...524 points..but they had that Kat Von D palette which looked highly cheap and the pigmentation was horrible..so I passed...I think the SA told me I can roll them over into next year...I haven't even used the first discount card of 10% I received when I hit the V.I.B.

SmokeSignal16

Quote:
Originally Posted by coachkitten
I was told by a Sephora sales associate that the VIB gift cards will be coming out in December.
smiles.gif
Hopefully that is true.

Ohhh so glad you mentioned this! I was about to search or start a thread if anyone knew about that or not!

maddiesmom

I read on Twitter that the Sephora VIB gift cards are good starting today. However, I didn't get one! Did anyone else? What did it come in if you did?

Thanks ladies! Hoping I didn't recycle it by accident!
th_dunno.gif

only1angel

Okay ladies, we've been super excited about the holiday gift cards. Shoot, I've been spending a ton of $$$ without being that upset about it because as the VIB stated, the more you spend, the more your gift card will be. Well I just ran across a website and here's what someone posted (are u girls sitting down before you read this?)

Head's Up: Sephora VIB/BI's to Receive $20 or $15 gift card in mail
Sephora VIB's will receive a $20 Gift Card in the mail - Valid Dec 2 thru 14
Sephora BI's will receive a $15 Gift Card in the mail

You must activate your gift card before using. Here's How:
1. Visit http://www.sephora.com/promo/vib20 for $20 gift card OR http://www.sephora.com/promo/bi15 for $15 gift card by December 14, 2009
2. Enter your gift card number located on the back of your card.
3. Use your activated card at any Sephora store or on sephora.com

$50 minimum purchase required. VALID 12/2/09 - 12/14/09. This is a one-time-use-only gift card valid for one shopping transaction at any Sephora store, sephora.com or Sephora inside JCPenney store only. Apply your complementary promotional $15/20 gift card to one merchandise transaction over $50, and it applies to entire purchase. Offer may not be applied towards previous purchases, eGift certificates, gift cards, shipping or taxes.

V.I.B. status is conferred on those registered Beauty Insider members who spend a minimum of $350 at Sephora (including on Sephora.com) during one calendar year. V.I.B. status is good for the calendar year in which the BI member qualifies and the following calendar year; annual requalification is required.

***Sephora's gift card activation website appears not be active yet***

I hope this isnt the holiday gift card we were promised as VIBs. I've spent almost $1,500 (no joke) and all I'm going to get is $20. BIs get $15. Thats just $5 difference!!!!! And not to mention, there's a $50 minimum purchase required. AND I didn't even get this yet, and it starts 2DAY!!!! I'm hoping this isnt the gift card promised, because if it is, I definitely won't be spending as much in the yrs to come! And they clearly stated, the more u spend the more your gift card will be!!!!