Victoria's Secret Bras - Lawsuit ??

TISH1124

I was listening to the news today...and there is a Lawsuit against VS regarding their bras causing rashes due to formaldehyde possibly being used in the manufacturing process. Have any of you heard about this?

I looked for a thread on this..But couldn't find one...
Mods please merge if there is one already...

kimmy

there was one a while ago brought on by some lady who bought one of those fancy underwears from vs, and one of the little hearts popped off and scratched her eyeball...so then she sued vs for making "less than high quality products." ehh glad i wear fredericks. i should probably tell my sister though, she wears vs always.
oh.gif
do you have a link to an article about this?

mtrimier

I heard about it on the news this morning. I thought it was about those new "bust firming bras". Sucks she had to go through that. Underwires are enough, but to find out there's formaldehyde in your boob sling? Crazy.

I can't get too many things in my size from VS (bra wise), but haven't had any reactions like hers.

TISH1124

Quote:
Originally Posted by redambition
erm... this is why you should always, always wash your clothes, towels, underwear etc before use.

True...but they said on the news that this occurred after several wearings even after washing because the formaldehyde was done in the mfg process and the test show it was deeply embedded in the fibers and would not be removed via normal washing unless they were bleached

TISH1124

Well I am not going to blame it on the bra...But I had a serious rash...that I had to go to the doctor for...I pray mine was from something else...

redambition

Quote:
Originally Posted by TISH1127
True...but they said on the news that this occurred after several wearings even after washing because the formaldehyde was done in the mfg process and the test show it was deeply embedded in the fibers and would not be removed via normal washing unless they were bleached

oh that's bad...

CantAffordMAC

my boobs are ginormous. Im glad VS bras dont fit either

Lets hope they dont have formaldehyde in their panties
greengrin.gif

Ive been getting alot of free panty coupons in the mail, maybe this is why
smiles.gif
Joking!

TISH1124

Quote:
Originally Posted by CantAffordMAC
my boobs are ginormous. Im glad VS bras dont fit either

Lets hope they dont have formaldehyde in their panties
greengrin.gif

Ive been getting alot of free panty coupons in the mail, maybe this is why
smiles.gif
Joking!

th_LMAO.gif
Love you! Not in they panties...the free ones are just pre-owned
th_LMAO.gif
Nothing like recycling!

RayannaBanana

I heard about this on the news this morning. I've bought VS bras for the past 2 or 3 years and I haven't had any problems. But I've only bought the cotton wireless ones so maybe it was just a certain type.

TISH1124

I know they mentioned the Angels Secret Embrace and Very Sexy Extreme Me Push-Up ...not sure what the other ones are...

CantAffordMAC

Quote:
Originally Posted by TISH1127
th_LMAO.gif
Love you! Not in they panties...the free ones are just pre-owned
th_LMAO.gif
Nothing like recycling!

sick.gif
lmao.gif
Groooooooooooooooooooooss!

Vanilla_Mint

I wear the pushup ones, but I'm not sure if that is the cause of my hives or just the fact I have extremely sensitive skin?
thmbdn.gif
..Or could be these ladies wear too-tight bras!
th_LMAO.gif

Gosh, I really hope there's no formaldehyde in there bc then I'd have to throw all my undergarments away and go commando!

AimeeL

Formaldyhyde shouldn't have burned her skin away in the minute amounts that they used in the bras - otherwise EVERY woman that wore VS bras would have had this problem. If it was the formaldyhyde, then it's because she's allergic to it and just didn't know before this. A post made on that article says it pretty well:

"Formaldehyde is not toxic. As a matter of fact, Formaldehyde is ORGANIC and very widely used in many things. Some of which are disinfectants, pressed wood, and apparantly some articles of clothing as well." (Water soluble, too.) It's considered dangerous because of what it's original intent is for - preserving things that were once alive to prevent decomposing.

This woman isn't the first one this has happened to, specifically with bras, though not from VS. The only people affected by it are those with an allergy.

TISH1124

Quote:
Originally Posted by AimeeL
Formaldyhyde shouldn't have burned her skin away in the minute amounts that they used in the bras - otherwise EVERY woman that wore VS bras would have had this problem. If it was the formaldyhyde, then it's because she's allergic to it and just didn't know before this. A post made on that article says it pretty well:

"Formaldehyde is not toxic. As a matter of fact, Formaldehyde is ORGANIC and very widely used in many things. Some of which are disinfectants, pressed wood, and apparantly some articles of clothing as well." (Water soluble, too.) It's considered dangerous because of what it's original intent is for - preserving things that were once alive to prevent decomposing.

This woman isn't the first one this has happened to, specifically with bras, though not from VS. The only people affected by it are those with an allergy.

This may be true...However products with "Formaldehyde" should have them listed on the label...because even if you were allergic to Formaldehyde you would not expect it to be in the fabric of a bra...At least I know I wouldn't.