Video Gamers Union!

MsHielo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Le-Saboteur
So, any one else playing Dragon Age? I finished my first run through (Dalish Rogue --> Ranger and Duellist) about a fortnight ago. Loved it. Great story, great characters, and pretty good gameplay (in some parts, others not so much) as well.

Probably my favourite game. There's so much room for movement in terms of the kind of character you want to play.

My bf and I wanted to try it out through a demo, but then couldn't find one. Might pick the game up after the holidays.

AmiS4ys

Well hello thar, FREAKING AWESOME THREAD.

Name: Amanda (AmiS4ys is also my gamertag)
First Video Game played: Super Mario Bros. 3
Game Systems you own: PSOne, PS2, PS3, PSP, Wii, Gameboy Color (LOL)
Current Video Game Playing: Dissidia Final Fantasy

I'm basically your go-to girl for anything Final Fantasy related. I've played ALL of the Final Fantasy's, even the ones exclusive to Japan. You name it, Final Fantasy Tactics, Crystal Chronicles or any of the FFVII spin-offs.
smiles.gif
My favorite ones are 4 and 8 =D

THAT should be my title! The Final Fantasy Go-To girl! Haha whatcha think?

DILLIGAF

Form:
Name: (Screename) Nikki ( HonestlyDILLIGAF)
First Video Game played: Something on Calicovision Zaxxon I think
Game Systems you own: PS,PS2, PS3
Current Video Game Playing:Assassin's Creed II

Yes Im most likely the oldest gamer here!
th_LMAO.gif

Le-Saboteur

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmiS4ys
My favorite ones are 4 and 8 =D

/high fives

FFVIII was the first game I played that wasn't a platformer or Street Fighter. It made me the geek I am today!

Although I'm odd (apparently) and think XII is the best. It's not as melodramatic and Japanesekindawhacky as the other.

Quote:
THAT should be my title! The Final Fantasy Go-To girl! Haha whatcha think?

I approve
greengrin.gif

@ DILLIGAF
Probably, but you don't look like you care much.

I'm so funny.

LMD84

is anybody else looking forward to the Miles Edgeworth game coming out next year? It's part of the Phoenix Wright game series which i love! i am already counting the days until i can play it!
smiles.gif
i'm also thinking of getting a dsill when they come out in the uk next year. i would trade in my normal ds to get the bigger version... i like how big the screens are!

AmiS4ys

Quote:
Originally Posted by Le-Saboteur
Although I'm odd (apparently) and think XII is the best. It's not as melodramatic and Japanesekindawhacky as the other.

Ugh, but thats what makes the games so strangely addicting. I hated XII because it was just too...normal? I mean, its Final FANTASY, why would I want to play a normal sounding game, haha.

lara

Borderlands - man oh man, this was ridonkulously good fun. I can't wait for the DLC to be released for PC.

Torchlight - for everyone who is waiting for Diablo III to come out, check out this little dungeoncrawler in the meantime. It's by the team behind DII, so the easiest way to explain it is all the good stuff of DII without all the annoying stuff, and given a seriously good-looking make-over.

L4D2: Hard Rain. 'Nuff said.

Kragey

Quote:
Originally Posted by lara

L4D2: Hard Rain. 'Nuff said.

OMFG Hard Rain.
shockt.gif
Especially the Sugar Mill...12+ witches, ridiculous!

BeccalovesMAC

Form:
Name: Beccalovesmac Xbox gamertag=drifthoney
First Video Game played: ? dont remember
Game Systems you own: PS3 Xbox Wii
Current Video Game Playing: Call of Duty, Gears of War, Left 4 dead, Bioshock, World Series of Poker, Oblivion, Forza, Need For Speed, Viva Pinata, Borderlands, Grand Theft Auto, Rainbow6, Tekken, Mortal Combat, Virtual Fighter, Devil May Cry, Rock Band, Guitar Hero and Madden 2010.

lara

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kragey
OMFG Hard Rain.
shockt.gif
Especially the Sugar Mill...12+ witches, ridiculous!

Hard Rain on realism mode is just friggin' nuts.

Last time I played it I made a point of headshotting every single witch on the way there, heh.

lara

Thread resurrection!

I've been playing Fallout 3 GOTY version after buying it for super cheap on Steam and oh my god. Every time I start to get really into it, it either randomly crashes or I come across some insanely stupid little bug that wrecks it :<

On the plus side, I've had a ball with it and Fawkes is totally my 8' yellow bro.
greengrin.gif

I hope Fallout New Vegas is going to be a bit more polished :3

LMD84

i totally forgot all about this thread!

my favourite games from this past year have been the edgeworth ds game - but i knew i'd love it!! seriously addicting stuff and great storylines! and also mario galaxy 2! so much fun, a bit tricky in places though but still enjoyable!
smiles.gif

my hubby was pleased to see that all his and his work mates hard work paid off because red dead redemption got really good reviews and has been very successful
smiles.gif
i hope he gets a big bonus at Christmas to show for it!
tong.gif
it'll make all his 12 hour days worthwhile!

lara

Tell him I loved RDR. I rarely touch my consoles - I'm p much a diehard PC person - but I ordered RDR early, got it on release day and basically sunk two weeks into it.

I need to keep playing though; I took a break right as I'm about to leave ersatz Mexico and then got stuck into FO3 and Bad Company 2 instead. I've already had the ending spoiled for me though
ssad.gif

LMD84

Quote:
Originally Posted by lara
Tell him I loved RDR. I rarely touch my consoles - I'm p much a diehard PC person - but I ordered RDR early, got it on release day and basically sunk two weeks into it.

I need to keep playing though; I took a break right as I'm about to leave ersatz Mexico and then got stuck into FO3 and Bad Company 2 instead. I've already had the ending spoiled for me though
ssad.gif

i will let him know you like it
smiles.gif
and it sucks when an ending gets spoiled like that
ssad.gif
i feel bad for hubby because the games that Rockstar make are usually games that i'm not too interested in. or i find them too hard and then get bored and give up! although GTA vice City is a good one that i did really enjoy
smiles.gif

lara

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaliraksha
lara, I remember you being excited for SC2? Did you ever get a chance to check it out?

I did! I played from the start of the closed beta, then a friend snagged me a US retail key so I'm not region-locked into Asia. I took a few weeks off though, so I need to get my groove back.

I've been playing Protoss mainly - I am that terrible jerk who spams Void Rays, sorry
ssad.gif
I also love harassing with Zealots to distract whilst placing a sneaky pylon right behind someone's base and warping in Dark Templars. No cannon cheese though, I'm not that bad.

If anyone else plays without being too super-serious about it, feel free to add laratron.750 or [email protected]
greengrin.gif

Lyssah

Haha I completely forgot about this thread! I've been trying to finish fall out 3 so I can play new vegas... I also have played RDR for a bit on ps3 but i'm more of a pc gamer.
Hanging out for New Vegas, COD Black Ops, and Little Big Planet 2.

lara

Lyssah, I don't know if you've preordered New Vegas at all, but it's only US$49.95 on Steam as opposed to AU$110 at Game and EB. The pre-order bonus on Steam isn't too bad either.

Australian retail prices for games are INSANE.
ssad.gif