Video Killed the Radio Star

Shimmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raerae
Kinda pointless writing music if you don't sing it...

Oh c'mon, that was such a cliche response =p Laugh a little =p
rofl.gif

I hope there's some sarcasm, some wit, some humor, some intelligence, some reparte, some SOMETHING that I'm missing here, because honestly, all that is left to do is sit and stare and wonder.

Raerae

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shimmer

I hope there's some sarcasm, some wit, some humor, some intelligence, some reparte, some SOMETHING that I'm missing here, because honestly, all that is left to do is sit and stare and wonder.

Your from Texas, you wouldn't get it =p

Raerae

Quote:
I see.

Admitting I like Garth Brooks back in the 90's is like pinky swear material Shimmer. lol...

Shimmer

Quote:
Admitting I like Garth Brooks back in the 90's is like pinky swear material Shimmer. lol...

If you'd ever seen him live or met him in person, you wouldn't be ashamed of it. He's a powerfully charismatic performer and as an individual has some seriously amazing presence.

Raerae

Quote:
If you'd ever seen him live or met him in person, you wouldn't be ashamed of it. He's a powerfully charismatic performer and as an individual has some seriously amazing presence.

That would be social suicide out here lol.

Beauty Mark

IIRC, Celine Dion doesn't write her own music. A lot of the pop hits from like 1950s or 1960s were written by other people... Some of the big hits were written and even performed by writers, but only when someone else performed the song, the song became well-known. The song from the Bodyguard, for instance, is more well-known as a Whitney song than a Dolly Parton song.

I used to be annoyed with people not writing their own music, but nowadays I liken it to actors and directors not writing their own scripts. Yeah, movies/plays/TV are multiple parts, but it's atypical for a writer to both act or direct as well as write the script.

However, people who do write and perform their own music are multi-talented. That's kind of hard to dispute.

user79

Quote:
Songwriters write the vast majority of songs we hear on albums. And if the "artist" help, it's usually in collaboration with a song writer, not by themselves. And everyone gets their voices fixed in the studio, everyone. No one sings live these days, everyone is just lipsyncing.

But regardless, who says they are musicians? They are entertainers.

Correction:
Songwriters write the vast majority of songs we hear on MAINSTREAM POP albums.

Not everyone gets their voice "fixed" and has their music written for them. If you look beyond the mainstream tripe that's out there, there's still lots of talented MUSICIANS out there, who write and sing their own songs. None of the music I listen to gets lip synched live.

That's why I'd call Christina Aguilera, for example, an entertainer and singer, but not a musician.

Raerae

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissChievous
Correction:
Songwriters write the vast majority of songs we hear on MAINSTREAM POP albums.

Not everyone gets their voice "fixed" and has their music written for them. If you look beyond the mainstream tripe that's out there, there's still lots of talented MUSICIANS out there, who write and sing their own songs. None of the music I listen to gets lip synched live.

That's why I'd call Christina Aguilera, for example, an entertainer and singer, but not a musician.

I wasn't disagreeing with this. And completely agree with you.

Latest posts