Vintage (read: "old") MAC Eyeshadow Pots

JStarJStar

Strange question, but my mom has some really old mac eyeshadow pots-- the kind that twist off, and the logo looks different, etc....

1. Can I b2m them?
2. *Should* I b2m them? Is there any reason to hang on to these "vintage" pots... do people collect these kinds of things, etc.?
th_dunno.gif

Thanks for any input you may have!

Zantedge

Well if it was me I would hang on to them!

You can B2M them, but if you really wanted to get rid of them I would try to sell them first.

gildedangel

People collect all sorts of things, I would either keep them or try to sell them! If you can't sell them and you don't want them you should be able to B2M them. I know that people like to collect older MAC brushes from when the company began and the numbering system was way different, people may collect these too!

JStarJStar

It's funny, I actually have one of those old brushes... I was wondering why my number was so weird! I was very young when I got it.... my mom probably has a few of those old brushes too.... interesting to hear that people want these types of things.... thanks for the input!

JStarJStar

Here you go! (Turns out she only has one eye shadow pot because she b2m'd some last month... Haven't checked her brushes yet, but this one is mine...)

(P.S. The eye shadow pot is shiny plastic and the writing on the colour label has rubbed off)

MAC_Whore

That's old old school! lol That is the first shadow pot design they had. I have one of those left.

The brushes used to have 2 numbers, as opposed to their current numbering protocol which employs 3 digits. I have a few of those too.

I'm old! lol

Nice find!
smiles.gif

MAC_Whore

I commandeered a few older shadows from my mom, as well. She had bought them at MAC with me ages ago and she had never used them. I wound up with Hemp, Lola and Lyric that way (at least I think those were the colours). I figured they needed a new home with a loving owner. lol

JStarJStar

Thanks for your input, you guys... I think I will hang on to them! I'd feel bad giving them away now!

See... this is how mac gets you-- they tell you that you can b2m and then by the time you finish an eyeshadow you don't want to give the pot back because it's a collectable--- lol.... :p

MAC_Whore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ernie
I have a bunch of the old shiny screw top shadows, I have B2M these, no problem.

What colours?

Ernie

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAC_Whore
What colours?

Brule, Corduroy, Rap, Wedge, Haux, Bronze, Brun, Camel, Limit, Swiss Chocolate, Frill, Espresso, Theme, Orb, Ochre, Velour, Jest, Bliss, Fake, Nylon, Sleek, Girlie, Malt, Muscat, Matrix, Aria, Lola, Motif, Mango, Clue, Hemp, Mystery, Fringe, Plexi, Arena, Coquette, Blackberry, Fusion and Pink Freeze.

I also have a bunch of old screw top large shadows.
graucho.gif

Sonya Adams

That brush above has the same logo/numbering as my old-school "22" brush. I love that thing so much, it's impossible to part with it. It's definitely starting to show it's age, but it shows you how well put together those things are that I'm still using it (daily).

MAC_Whore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ernie
Brule, Corduroy, Rap, Wedge, Haux, Bronze, Brun, Camel, Limit, Swiss Chocolate, Frill, Espresso, Theme, Orb, Ochre, Velour, Jest, Bliss, Fake, Nylon, Sleek, Girlie, Malt, Muscat, Matrix, Aria, Lola, Motif, Mango, Clue, Hemp, Mystery, Fringe, Plexi, Arena, Coquette, Blackberry, Fusion and Pink Freeze

I also have a bunch of old screw top large shadows.
graucho.gif

I soooo hate you! Here's what I am missing. Feel free to mail them to me immediately. kthxbai.

Rap
Camel
Clue
Bliss
Fringe
Sleek
Muscat
Matrix
Plexi
Fusion

JStarJStar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonya Adams
That brush above has the same logo/numbering as my old-school "22" brush. I love that thing so much, it's impossible to part with it. It's definitely starting to show it's age, but it shows you how well put together those things are that I'm still using it (daily).

For sure, they were def made really well... I think that back then there was a lifetime guarantee on the brushes? I seem to remember that being a selling point.....

macfan1966

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAC_Whore
That's old old school! lol That is the first shadow pot design they had. I have one of those left.

The brushes used to have 2 numbers, as opposed to their current numbering protocol which employs 3 digits. I have a few of those too.

I'm old! lol

Nice find!
smiles.gif

If you think you're old....I have 2 MAC brushes that do not have a number on them. They actually say, "eyeliner" and "blush" directly on the brush. I purchased them 20 years ago. I still have them and they are in excellent condition.