violet underground

72Cosmo

I bought VU and it's very similiar to nonconformist fluidline which I like a whole lot better. VU seems to smear very easily whereas nonconformist stays on like a dream. Is anyone else tired of MAC constantly bringing out colors that are so close to other colors? I try to do the research before I go see the collection but this one slipped by me. I would be lost without this site. Florabuni, Madame B and Punkin are so close you only need one of them.

BlahWah

Thanks for the info on Violet Underground! I've been convinced enough not to get it but I keep wondering about VU from time to time. You've kept me firmly on the "no" side for VU and definitely looking into Nonconformist. =)

iiifugaziii

yeah they are both very similiar in color, but I love violet underground cause it's in the pencil form. I love putting it below my lashline and smuding it out for a smokey look, or packing eyeshadow on top of it. and it's easier for me to put pencils in the waterline than fluidline for me. I only use fluidline on the top of my fake lashes. So i like the Violet Underground!
smiles.gif

Vennie

I want the violet underground because as much as I love fluidlines I can't rush them. I can just throw a pencil in my purse and do my eyes really quick at a red light or at my desk or it is perfect to have on hand for doing a quick day to night look before going out to dinner after work. Fluidlines (for me) require time in the make-up mirror.

carriesshoes

I think when a company releases so many colours all the time like MAC do - youa re bound to stumble across colours that are very close either in the same product or across products. At least across products is offering an alternative.

brandi

even though MAC does come out with similar colors i buy them anywayz...sometimes i feel like i want this color but just a lighter,darker, a bit of gold glitter... or what ever... to that similar shade.... i'm just crazy over MAC so yeah... but i do have VU and nonconformist f/l and i like them both!

lara

Similar colours that are released in the same form (two eyeliner pencils) are, IMO, a completely different thing to two similar colours being released in different formats (an eyeliner pencil and a fluidliner).

MACgirl

VU is an eyekohl which is why it "smears" alot, it can be smuged, smolder eye khol for example is primarly is usally used for a smokey eye. I do have VU and non-conformist fluidline and do think they are similiar but having an eyepencil is alot easeir to travel with for those ladies and gents on the go, as for non-conformist it (to me) gives better color payoff but like said above requires at least a mirror and a brush.

laurenmo88

i love violet underground, just as iiifugaziii and vennie said - because i like pencil more than fluidliners

BlahWah

And so I, uh, was convinced to get Violet Underground.
blush-anim-cl.gif
The MA used it on me and talked me into it for the same reasons you've all mentioned. *small voice* And I'm loving it... *hides behind hands*

72Cosmo

Quote:
Originally Posted by lara
Similar colours that are released in the same form (two eyeliner pencils) are, IMO, a completely different thing to two similar colours being released in different formats (an eyeliner pencil and a fluidliner).

Oh, I agree with that, however I'm trying to cut down on my MAC purchases and use what I have. In that respect, even thou one is a kohl and one a fluidliner I really can only justify one. Does that make sense? My collection is small compared to many of the other members here but I still have more than I can ever use in my lifetime. lol