Violets...They Only Come Out at Night!

Amaranth

Hi hi!

I got Night Violet a few weeks ago, and I've been dying to try it out! It's not exactly a day colour on my pasty white skin, so I've been waiting until we hit the town. But, being as cool as I am, my friends and I have had too much homework (and not enough money) to actually go out and par-tay. But last night we fixed that! We went to my favourite bar in town, Zaphod's (Rolling Stones filmed a music video there), which is a rock-style bar so I fit right in
winks.gif

Also, I was sitting next to my boyfriend's brother on the couch while we were pre-drinking, and he did a double take (my boyfriend had been sitting between us, so his brother hadn't really taken a good look at me yet). He goes, "Did you...PHOTOSHOP your face?!" Hahaha, I decided to take that as a compliment. I only wear my StudioFix Fluid on special occasions, I'm glad to know it makes my skin look fake
winks.gif
. In a good way, hopefully.

Unfortunately I took these after the sun went down and I don't know enough about my new camera to have the colours come out perfectly true to life. They're not BAD, but they came out pretty yellow and the silver got washed out
ssad.gif
. It was sooooo metallic in real life! But I really loved this look, it was something VERY different for me, but I'll be doing it again. Next time I do it, I'll do it earlier and take pictures in natural light so you guys can see it better. The lipstick was the exact same colour as my hair, yet my hair showed up kinda black, but the lipstick didn't...

The Photos:
By the way, I didn't Photoshop my face. According to my boyfriend's brother, it looks that way irl
greengrin.gif

Yeah, I noticed I needed more lipstick between my lips, don't worry. I fixed it before I went out.

Aww...it was so much more silvery...

I wonder why I look all beardy in these too...I swear I don't have a beard! I wouldn't be afraid to wax it off if I did, but I don't!

What I Used

Face
MAC StudioFix Fluid in NC15
MAC StudioFix Powder in C3
MAC Powder Blush in Strada
MAC Cream Colour Base in Hush

Eyes
MAC Paint in Bare Canvas
MAC Metal-X Cream Eyeshadow in Cyber
MAC Pigment in Silver Fog
MAC Fluidline in Blitz & Glitz
Almay Triple Effect Mascara in Black
MAC Eyeshadow in Rummy (Brows)
MUFE Eyelashes, don't know which kind, there are so many numbers! They were from the new Spring Collection though

Lips
MAC Mattene Lipstick in Night Violet

Hope you like! CC's welcomed and encouraged!

Andrya

That's really pretty! Makes me want to pair a silvery eye look with Night Violet. :] I'm amazed how purple it looks on you, as it looks nearly black on me - did you apply it lightly and blot it?

Amaranth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrya
That's really pretty! Makes me want to pair a silvery eye look with Night Violet. :] I'm amazed how purple it looks on you, as it looks nearly black on me - did you apply it lightly and blot it?

I don't have purple lip liner and I didn't want to make a huge mes of it, so I just put it on with a lip brush around the edges then filled it in by applying the Night Violet directly from the tube to my lips. It tends to look black on me too if I really pack it on. I really like this about Night Violet though, you can REALLY layer it and get a bunch of different shades out of it.

magpierat

GodDAMN I want Night Violet so much!! Even my BF wants me to get it, and he's usually the one hiding my card when we walk past make-up shops!

Between your subtle berry colour and Zoffen's vampy darker application from a few weeks ago, it looks like you could get about a million different shades out of it.

I have uber-pasty white skin as well, but hey I could rock the goth look when I was 14, why not have a revival? OK, so that's a bad idea, but I STILL WANT NIGHT VIOLET!!

Amaranth

Yaaaaay! Thanks so much, everyone! Glad you like it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by magpierat
GodDAMN I want Night Violet so much!! Even my BF wants me to get it, and he's usually the one hiding my card when we walk past make-up shops!

Between your subtle berry colour and Zoffen's vampy darker application from a few weeks ago, it looks like you could get about a million different shades out of it.

I have uber-pasty white skin as well, but hey I could rock the goth look when I was 14, why not have a revival? OK, so that's a bad idea, but I STILL WANT NIGHT VIOLET!!

Yeah, you can definitely get a bunch of colours out of it. I was going to be in a dark bar, so I tried to keep it on the lighter side so it wouldn't look black once I got inside. But even the darker purple is beautiful, Night Violet is soooo awesome! You should definitely pick it up while you can still get it, because it's LE, I think. And the goth look can still be fun every now and then, even if it's not a daily thing
winks.gif