Viva Glam Nicki Lipstick - Sneak Peek

StyleBlack

So, you ladies inspired me to start a swatch blog today! With every MAC collection, one of us is always looking around for a swatch! I know I'm not the only one that hates digging around high & low for swatches on brown skinned girls, so I went ahead and set one up.

And what better place to start than with VG Nicki. What do you ladies think of this colour? Would you wear it?

http://browngirlfriendly.wordpress.com/2012/01/26/mac-viva-glam-nicki-minaj-ricky-martin/

StyleBlack

So, I got a comment on my review saying that the lipstick is pale pink on me and that my swatch is not VG Nicki.

That's the funny thing about this lipstick. It looks completely different on me than it did on another friend that tried it on. She's white and it is a bright coral pink on her. On me, not so much. Definitely disappointing, but it's not completely unwearable. I'm the only black person I've seen it swatched on so far, so I'm sure some of you will see what I mean soon enough when it's released.

Cocosmith

Yes, I saw it yesterday and it's corally with a florescent pink. I swatches it on my hand, but not on my lips, sorry no pics. It will need some adjusting....lol

StyleBlack

Yes, I saw it yesterday and it's corally with a florescent pink. I swatches it on my hand, but not on my lips, sorry no pics. It will need some adjusting....lol

lol @ adjusting.. tell me about it. Fluorescent is exactly the word. That's what it looks like in the tube. Did it look the same on your skin or did it show up more pink for you?

sss215

I am looking forward to the bit of coral in it. I can't wait to see it .

I really want to buy one to support the cause. I hope it works! Oh and I heard there is a gloss coming out just like it. I hope that's true.

Cocosmith

I swatched it on my hand and it was more corally with a hint of pink... It's a kinda krazi
th_thdeadea.gif
color.....lol. I think it will show up on everyone differently.....

StyleBlack

I re-swatched VG Nicki after adjusting my lighting and layering on a lot more of the lipstick.

http://browngirlfriendly.wordpress.com/2012/01/31/viva-glam-nicki-update/

Soul Unique

Thanks for the swatches StyleBlack.

I'm sure that the lippy is beautiful in person, however something tells me this will not look good on me at all!!!

C'est la vie!!

I look forward to seeing the Lipglass swatches.

Cocosmith

I re-swatched VG Nicki after adjusting my lighting and layering on a lot more of the lipstick. I also got a good question on why the lipstick is missing Nicki's signature. It's because it's a gratis lipstick, so no siggy just the regular red VG tube.

http://browngirlfriendly.wordpress.com/2012/01/31/viva-glam-nicki-update/

Wow, thanx....I guess I will just have to figure it out when I get it....

QueenOfSnark

I tried it on last night at my MAC's S3/C3 party and it was a hot mess. It was VERY bubblegum pink and not flattering at all. Boo.

FlippinFaces360

I got mines in gratis and I love it! It's a yellow pink and yes woc can rock the hell out of this color I paired mines for the last few days and lots of comments I'm a nc50/nw43 I paired it with Current and Nightmouth at update this is what I did on fair/medium skin pair it with Soar or Whirl also try it with Absolutly It, and on top of Portside or Plum.......

StyleBlack

I got mines in gratis and I love it! It's a yellow pink and yes woc can rock the hell out of this color I paired mines for the last few days and lots of comments I'm a nc50/nw43 I paired it with Current and Nightmouth at update this is what I did on fair/medium skin pair it with Soar or Whirl also try it with Absolutly It, and on top of Portside or Plum.......

Thanks for the tips :) Do you think it's wearable without any kind of lip liners for NW/NC45 and up?

Latest posts