Viva glam V history

shoegal27

Everyone loves this color including me.. its my HG, so I looked up this color on line and found some interesting tid bits about it. I do somewhat remember Pam Anderson being the spokes women for it.

PAMELA ANDERSON IS THE NEXT SPOKESPERSON AND
NEWEST FACE FOR THE M·A·C AIDS FUND’S VIVA GLAM V
ADVERTISING CAMPAIGN

Anderson Joins A-List Team of Spokespeople, Christina Aguilera, Missy Elliott, Linda Evangelista and
Chloë Sevigny to raise awareness and funds for people living with HIV/AIDS
The New VIVA GLAM Icon will advocate the M·A·C AIDS Fund call-to-action of “Get Tested”​
New York, March 31, 2005 – The M·A·C AIDS Fund, the charitable arm of M·A·C Cosmetics,
appoints Pamela Anderson as its newest spokesperson for the VIVA GLAM V Lipstick advertising campaign.
She will join the A-list roster that includes Christina Aguilera, Missy Elliott, Linda Evangelista, and
Chloë Sevigny. Pamela’s specific platform will focus on the importance of getting tested, getting results,
and knowing your health status.
The VIVA GLAM V Lipstick and Lipglass are the primary fund-raising products benefiting the
M·A·C AIDS Fund, 100 percent of the sales of which are donated to people living with HIV/AIDS has
raised over $44 million USD.
“Pamela will advocate the M·A·C AIDS Fund’s call-to-action mantra “Get Tested.” We chose Pamela not only
because she is a highly recognizable pop culture icon, but because she is so passionate about
raising awareness about HIV/AIDS and encouraging people to Get Tested. As Pamela knows first-hand,
once you get tested and learn the facts, only then can you make life decisions. We are confident that
with Pamela’s commitment to the M·A·C AIDS Fund we have the ability to extend our message to
an even greater global audience, thereby providing further support and money to those living with
HIV/AIDS.” – John Demsey, Chairman of the M·A·C AIDS Fund
“M·A·C VIVA GLAM V is a great campaign to be involved with. I feel privileged and empowered to help
raise funds and awareness on the importance for Getting Tested. After being diagnosed with Hepatitis C,
I knew the importance of knowing your status. Only then can you make informed and wise decisions for
your health and life. Everyone, everywhere, has to Get Tested. It’s the responsible choice. Knowing also
helps stop spreading the disease that has no cure…yet.” – Pamela Anderson
The VIVA GLAM V Lipstick and Lipglass are the primary fund-raising products benefiting the M·A·C AIDS
Fund, 100 percent of the sales of which are donated to people living with HIV/AIDS, has raised over
$44 million USD.
The M·A·C AIDS Fund’s VIVA GLAM V campaign was designed by M·A·C Senior Vice President/Creative
Director, James Gager and shot by photographer, Michael Thompson. The VIVA GLAM neutral pink with
pearl Lipglass (Suggested Retail Price $13.50 US/$16.00 CDN) and the lustre Lipstick (Suggested Retail
Price $14.00 US/$16.50 CDN) are available at over 700 M·A·C locations around the world, with 100 percent
of the sales directly benefiting the M·A·C AIDS Fund.
In the first year of the VIVA GLAM V 2004 launch, the M·A·C AIDS Fund raised a record $12 million with
its diverse and A-list star line-up of Christina Aguilera, Missy Elliott, Chloë Sevigny, Linda Evangelista,
and Boy George. This success can be attributed to the wide-appeal to their varied audiences who together
embody the M·A·C motto of All Races, All Sexes and All Ages.​