Wal-Greens Celebrates Black History Month

Status
Not open for further replies.

BenefitAddict

If you are offended easily by race stuff, please do not read this.

I found this image on the Internet. It took me a moment to find out what was so different about it, then I realized.
The image was so messed up and wrong that I laughed my ass off.
I am white, by the way. I don't find the actual image or arrangement offensive, because it was probably just a coincidence.
I don't hate black people. I think that they are just like everyone else. I am strongly against slavery, too.

Here is the picture:
Cotten-balls2.jpg

Beauty Mark

I imagine it was some clerk's thoughtless mistake.

How old is that image? Black History month is in February.

Nox

Quote:
Originally Posted by BenefitAddict
If you are offended easily by race stuff,*for your own benefit, you probably might not want to use this phrase in the future* please do not read this.

I found this image on the Internet. It took me a moment to find out what was so different about it, then I realized.
I am white, by the way. I don't find the actual image or arrangement offensive, because it was probably just a coincidence.
I don't hate black people. I think that they are just like everyone else. I am strongly against slavery, too. *I fail to see what that has to do with the ironic image...don't try so hard, you explained yourself just fine beforehand.*

Here is the picture:
Cotten-balls2.jpg

It's not February.
The sign was probably hung according to their logistic store chart.
Ironic, yes. Funny, no.

sharkbytes

Are you sure that isn't a manipulated picture? I swear I've seen that elsewhere on the internet, as (in my opinion) a completely unfunny and insensitive joke.

fafinette21

Yea I doubt that picture is real. While I'm not offended by this, I don't think it's funny. I don't find any jokes with a racial foundation funny. No matter what race is being made fun of. It's overdone, overplayed, and it doesn't take a witty person to come up with one. It's low class in my opinion.

blindpassion

Quote:
Originally Posted by BenefitAddict

Its hopefully just irony and therefore not offensive
but its far from laughable imho.

SkylarV217

if it is real, I think that prob all the endcaps had that poster or whatnot at the top saying they celebrate black history month ( which by the way is a good thing) ... Then when someone saw the cotton on under the sign started to make a big deal about it ...

I don't think it was meant to be a joke, I think its a coincidence ...

Janice

I find this completely tasteless and horribly provocative. Nothing against the OP (original poster).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts