Wanna see the next generation iPhone?

InspiredBlue

Someone lost a prototype for the gen 4 iPhone in a bar (
lol.gif
) and Gawker's Gizmodo has gotten hold of it!

[Edit: The "lost in a bar" story might or might not be true. Before anyone reading this gets all fired up and start accusing me of promoting illegal activity, take a deep breath. That's the story the linked blog is going with, I didn't make it up and frankly I don't care.]

Link:This Is Apple's Next iPhone - Iphone 4 - Gizmodo

I have been increasingly feeling that I want an iPhone recently, but I knew there was an updated one coming so I was planning to wait. After seeing this I know it will be awesome!
smiles.gif

dbecker87

Apple actually considers this to be stolen. Whoever stole and sold this phone is in a WORLD OF HURT.

Something similar happened earlier, and a Foxconn (manufactures the iPhone) employee killed himself.
Report: iPhone Leak Interrogations Drive Foxconn Employee to Suicide - Foxconn - Gizmodo

People who have deep Apple connections even think this leak is messed up.
Daring Fireball Linked List: Gizmodo Has the Purported Next-Gen iPhone in Hand

While the new iPhone looks awesome, I don't think it was worth all the trouble that is brewing to see it early.

I'm not trying to sound like a meanie, but this is BAD for all the people involved. Due to all the intellectual property involved, Apple isn't letting this go. You can keep checking Gizmodo for updates to this story... if it hasn't been taken down.

InspiredBlue

What is your point? Since you clearly think it was wrong of Gizmodo to post it, you think I shouldn't have posted it here? It's out there now, no harm in looking at it.

dbecker87

No, I don't just "think" what Giz did was wrong, it was. It's illegal.

However, you seem to be someone who supports stealing intellectual property and gaining monetarily from it. (Gizmodo paid $10,000 to acquire this phone from whomever "found" it.)

Do you really think Apple employees just leave prototypes lying around in bars? They'd have to be BEYOND stupid to do so.

I don't think you shouldn't have posted it, but you should have gotten the details first.

banana1234

geez man chill out, get off your high horse, she hasnt done anything, you got beef with gizmodo? bring it up with him!

ohthedrama4vi.gif

omgitzstephanie

Who cares how it was found or whatever! Aslong it wasn't you or I, we shouldn't get worked up over it
thmbup.gif

Anyways, the inner geek in me think it looks very sleek and modern
smiles.gif
Hopefully the iTouch will get a re-vamp as well, I've been dying to get one!

MizzMelroseMood

god an iphone leak leads someone to suicide? this world is sad.
ssad.gif
i don't even want to view the link after reading that line.

Nzsallyb

if people didnt post it here, people would have read it (its one of the news headlines on a NZ news website for example). its like people getting offended that we know what MAC collections are coming a year away, im sure there are apple forums buzzing with the "lost" iphone, just like we do when we get snippets of MAC info.

kdemers1221

^^^^^^ i agree... my local news even reported this story. its everywhere now and its not a big deal. apple wrote a letter asking for the phone back and gizmodo is cooperating and honestly this is a prototype I'm 99% positive that Apple will make changes to this prototype before we see the final product. its cool to see but that's probably not the product that will end up on store shelves.

Cinci

I came accross the link to the Gizmodo article on FB, and emailed it to my bf. It's news, and it's interesting. I don't think any harm is done by the OP when she posted here. I don't think she is supporting anything, merely sharing something she came accross on the internet.

As for "getting the details first", I don't think it's fair to expect her to fully research a topic just to post a link to a website. The story she posted is that website's version of how the phone was obtained. Just because another site says Apple is calling the phone "Stolen" doesn't mean that that Gizmodo are the liars. How do we know that Apple isn't just covering their asses? In reality, unless we are the person who lost/stole it, we will never know 100% forsure how it was obtained... But who cares??

Regardless of the how the phone was obtained, I see no reason to come down on the OP for sharing this article.

OP, Thanks for sharing!

purrtykitty

This story was on the Today show this morning, too. It's freakin' everywhere. It's not something bad, it's news. It's news because Apple is so well know for guarding it's secrets and intellectual property.

And if there's a bad guy in all this, it's the guy who sold the prototype to Gizmodo rather than contacting Apple about the "lost" property. The seller obviously knew enough about it to recognize it's inherent value and decided to make a quick buck instead of turning it in to Apple.

LMD84

i read about this on engadget yesterday. i actually prefer the way the current iphone looks! slightly chunky but i like chunky things! i however will be getting whatever the new iphone may be when my current contract ends in spetember this year. so i for one am excited to read about the new iphone!
smiles.gif

kittykit

That guy could be fired, well, you know all the 'company confidentiality policies' ... I had friends who work for the big N mobile phone company (you know which one). They got to play and test using mobile phones that have not been released to the markets. Losing a company property like that is quite serious.

dbecker87

This article helps describe how Giz was in the wrong, and how they've tried to cover up their tracks. Good luck to Giz if Apple decides to file a civil lawsuit.

Daring Fireball: Gizmodo and the Prototype iPhone

I'm not trying to offend anyone, but this is a big deal. Some person stole something (read the article, it explains more) and sold it. I've had this happen to me before, so I guess this whole thing struck a nerve. Sorry if I offended anyone.

Latest posts