Want a lipstick that looks exactly like this.. PIC included..

Sushi_Flower

untitled.jpg

This 2nd pic makes it look lighter than it is i think from what people are saying, i think it's the reflection and the camera making it look lighter!
untitled5.jpg

It's Hover lipliner with clear gloss - i love Hover lipliner, it just suits me everytime and balances my face, great colour, and gives my pigmented lips enough pigmentation without going too dark, but i really want a lipstick that i can just slick on, i haven't worn lipstick in ages as it seems that from all the hundred of brands noone does a lipstick shade that i want to wear or that suits me!

Anyone know of any lipstick shades that look like this colour almost exactly? (no glosses/liners please!)

Thankyou

Sushi_Flower

I have Teddy Babe and it's completely different, like a nude beigey colour in comparison. I think the pic might be misleading and makes it look lighter, but it's definetly a browny, reddy, pinky colour i'm wearing in there.

user3

hmmm tough one because with each person lip colors can look so different

I'll give you a few suggestions to check out
All MAC
Chelsea which is golden med brown
Double Shot is a brown pink
Spirit ligther brown beige with pink

MACmermaid

touch (a lustre) is the closest lipstick i have to hover l/l. if i swatch them on my hand they look really, really similar (at least on my skin which is NC15-20).
smiles.gif

Sushi_Flower

Ooh thanks for the recs, i shall do pic searches on them and check them out next time in store.
Yeh lip colours look different on everyone but i guess something that looks similar to that in the tube would be a good rec.

I hope Touch looks similar to Hover on me too, i just love Hover so much, would love it in lipstick form as i always use Hover lipliner all over as a lipstick anyway.

Any more recs are welcome!

Eemaan

i love touch, but have just discover O which has replaced touch as my favourite neutral lippy- it has hints of gold speckles which i love. Touch feels fabulous and very moisturising, i even wear it to bed sometimes (yeah, i know i know)

Sushi_Flower

See i don't see why people love O - maybe i'm looking at the wrong one (i think there is a similar named one?) but the pics i've seen i would never think it was such a popular 'wearable' colour like people always say.

I wish i could go to a counter and check out Touch and the other colour recs - pic search here and MUA has provided not much luck or pics that really show the colour properly. I'll check out Legacy collection pics but not sure Son Risa would have the kind of colours i want as i think she's into much more brave and bright colours which she can pull off so well, where as i want a muted reddy browny pinky colour!

karen

Not MAC, but Clinique's Chocolate Ice(from the Bare Brilliance line) looks very similar to your picture on me. It's a gorgeous sheer reddish-brown.

Sushi_Flower

Thanks Karen, i'll check it out, thought preferably i would like MAC lipstick but if i really like a colour then obviously i would get it no matter what brand it is.

Ooh Legacy collection has the lipstick shades mentioned, and they all look promising, shame i can't get to a counter to check them out any time soon at the moment.

Also i discovered another lipstick shade that looks like the shade i want - Orchidistrate (spelling?) - looks almost exactly like what i want but pics and shades in tube form can be decieving at times - i'd like to post a pic to show you guys but i don't think Son Risa and her friend would want me to use their pics?

NOTE - added another pic of me wearing Hover lipliner with clear gloss as i think the original pic made it look lighter than it is to people - though i still like the way it looks in the 2nd pic and recs based on that are fine too.

Sushi_Flower

**Ok i have Son Risas permission to use these here - all pics are from the Legacy Collection**

Here are all the contenders so far (i couldn't find Chelsea)..to me Orchidstrate looks perfect and Double Shot looks very similar to it too..but pics can be so decieving and colours always look different when applied so it's hard to tell but any of you guys with experience with them might be able to help more. They all look like shades i'd love anyway.

Which one do you guys think is the one i want?
wavey.gif

touch.jpg

Spirit.jpg

orchidstrate.jpg

doubleshot.jpg

And here is the colour i want to achieve for easy comparison again..
untitled.jpg

untitled5.jpg

Eemaan

i really like the lippy youve shown in the pic. is it one youve got from the net?

if you want to test touch, i can post you mine to examine, i have a few
smiles.gif

haev you come acorss honeyflower? this is very very neutral with a slight shimmer, your pic looks slightly glossy to appear to be a lipstick me thinks???