Want to lose weight and get fit

Luceuk

I'm currently 139lbs and 5"7
thmbdn.gif
I feel chubby, especially round my face and stomach. I want to loose at least a stone (14lbs) maybe a stone and a half. In about 5/6 weeks in time for my birthday.

I used to be really into running but I gave it up for a while and now I can't do as much as I used to be able to do
ssad.gif
I have a treadmill so I've been going on for the last two weeks now and slowly building it back up again.

So I need to cut out the rubbish out and I need to cut down on the amount of carbs I eat.

So today so far I've ate,

Breakfast - Banana.
Lunch - Poached egg and one slice of toast.

Exercise - Treadmill jogging for 20 minutes which was 2km. I also washed my car and Vacuumed which gave my arm muscles a bit of a work out.

BaDKiTTy69

I wish you good luck!
Its a nice goal (to get in shape by your birthday). I think I am going to set my goal too for my birthday, mine is in september, so by that time I need to loose 10-15 lbs
smiles.gif

glam8babe

139lbs isnt bad at all for your height.. im about 145lbs and only 5'3ish :|
and you've done really well food wise so keep it up
greengrin.gif

theres a site MiniMins.com - Weight Loss Support Forum its a great weight loss forum and it's mostly UK women it has tonnes of advice and you can make your own diary on there to keep track of your diet/exercise

Luceuk

I've done soooo badly the last few days, I've exercised but I've just ate rubbish
ssad.gif
I just couldn't help myself, I'm hoping to get back on track tomorrow.

Luceuk

I went jogging this morning, wow I'm so unfit. It's different to running on the treadmill. Where I live it's quite hilly. I was listening to mu Ipod and No air by Jordin Sparks came on near the end
th_LMAO.gif
It was so right! I could hardly breathe
th_LMAO.gif
th_LMAO.gif

I have lost a few pounds, not as much as I wanted though
thmbdn.gif

JustDivine

You'll get there....maybe not as quickly as you want to....but that's ok.

It's hard to eat right all the time...I have weeks where I'm so in control and others where I just think "sod it, I just wanna eat!" lol

I don't know what else to say except *hugs* and I'm right there with ya!

stacylynne

Eat 5-6 small meals a day.
Start out doing cardio for 20-30 min. 2-3x a week. If you do more than that, you may burn yourself out.
After 20-30 min gets easy go for 40 min 3x a week. Until you get up to an hour.
Then introduce yoga & or pilattes.

I make cardio fun so I don't get bored.
Good luck.

Luceuk

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustDivine
You'll get there....maybe not as quickly as you want to....but that's ok.

It's hard to eat right all the time...I have weeks where I'm so in control and others where I just think "sod it, I just wanna eat!" lol

I don't know what else to say except *hugs* and I'm right there with ya!

I'm exactly the same, I've done quite well the last few days. I've ate no rubbish and drank 2 litres of water. Some days I'm just think I've had enough and eat something that isn't good for me.

*hugs* to you too.

I know I won't be able to loose what I wanted by my birthday but I can make a start at least.
thmbup.gif

Luceuk

Quote:
Originally Posted by stacylynne
Eat 5-6 small meals a day.
Start out doing cardio for 20-30 min. 2-3x a week. If you do more than that, you may burn yourself out.
After 20-30 min gets easy go for 40 min 3x a week. Until you get up to an hour.
Then introduce yoga & or pilattes.

I make cardio fun so I don't get bored.
Good luck.

Thanks that's helped. I'm going to cut down my workouts but make the 3 I do a week a bit longer than I would do everyday now.

I'm definitely going back to the treadmill, my shins are killing me from running outside
thmbdn.gif

stacylynne

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luceuk
Thanks that's helped. I'm going to cut down my workouts but make the 3 I do a week a bit longer than I would do everyday now.

I'm definitely going back to the treadmill, my shins are killing me from running outside
thmbdn.gif

Here is a list of cardio that I do.
- Dance
- Zumba - the DVD's it's awsome
- Yoga Booty Ballet
- Walk
- Swim
* I don't lift any weights. I do yoga, pillates, dance & I work my abs. I just worked my abs yesterday & now I'm so sore. But a good sore heheh

Remember, Rome was not built in a day. Don't get frustrated. Do not go on the scale for now. Go by how your clothes fit.
Good Luck

Latest posts