Wanting to Dye my hair for the first time....

Whitney

Hey everyone! Okay so I'm wanting to dye my hair...I get so bored with it. Well I am a "hair dye virgin". I am wanting to go as dark as I can without looking too washed out since I have pretty fair skin. I would love to go black black, but don't think I could pull it off very well. My hair now is a light auburn, that likes to change colors with the season.

What do you guys think? Here's a few pics of me (excuse the first two, I was a little drunk
th_wink3.gif
) And I've posted two hair color pics that I would love to have if I could pull off. If not, what color would look good? Thanks guys!!

(oh I'm on the left in the first, and right in the second)

knoxydoll

I would go with a dark brown that's a few steps up from Black. That way it'll fade to a really nice brown over time and it would be easier to change then going black.

Love Always Ivy

yeah a nice chocolate brown would look great on you. definetly go dark brown instead of black, because going black black is sometimes super harsh and is really a pain to get out

user79

If you have never colored your hair, I would def advise against jet black. Jet black is the hardest color to get out of your hair once it's in. You will have to go to a salon and get it chemically lifted, it won't wash out.

I would suggest using a semi-permanent or a henna color for your first time. Semi-perm stuff washes out better (although really dark shades tend to stay in a bit and you will get root regrowth showing). That way you can see if you like the shade, before it being something really hard to remove if you aren't happy with it. I would get a semi-perm shade a few shades darker than what you have, and if you like it, you can always go darker. I have gotten great results with semi-perm colours, and they are easier to change up when you get bored!

Dreamergirl3

ITA with MissChievous, semi perms are a great choice. Stay away from black dye though! It will most likely come out looking like shoe polish, that's what happened on me and my hair is pretty dark (espresso brown). Even most dark brown dyes I have used come out nearly black after the final rinse, but fade a bit over time. Maybe try going a shade up from a dark brown to be sure, perhaps a medium ash brown. in my experience most darker colors come out more intense than expected.

Whitney

Thanks everyone! I was kind of thinking a chocolate brown. I'm not dying it myself...a friend of mine does hair so I'm having her do it. If I don't chicken out, I'll post the results!
winks.gif

ginger9

Honestly, I think your natural hair colour is gorgeous and I wouldn't change a thing! I know it's probably not what you wanted to hear
smiles.gif

Latest posts