Wanting to expand my collection...what colors am I missing?

Brianne

Here's what I have thus far:

Trend e/s palette 2005
Cool e/s palette 2005
Thunder Eyes quad
Tease Me quad

Trax
Plum
Satin Taupe
Beautiful Iris
Phloof!
Creme de Violet
Naked Lunch
Jest
Swish
Oceanique
Seedy pearl
Cranberry
Guacamole
Humid
Say Yeah
Banshee
Anti Establishment
Little Minx
Sensualize
Antiqued
Vex
Metamorph
Meadowland
Moth Brown
Pink Papillon
Overgrown
Love Bud
Spring Up
Lavender Sky
Elite
Lucky Green
Leisuretime
Goldbit
Star Violet
Expensive Pink
Woodwinked
Goregous Gold
Twinks
All that Glitters
Dazzlelight
Falling Star

What other shades do I *need*? I'm NW20/LLL brown hair & eyes for reference. I like all shades except baby blue and bright blue (wasn't fond of Tilt and Freshwater). I love greens, teals, purples, etc. I'm also wearing more and more neutrals lately (b/c of work).

Appreciate all recommendations! Suggest fave combos also.
smiles.gif

MACmermaid

hello! for purples, i'd say you need
winks.gif
nocturnelle (love this color, very versatile) and maybe one along the lines of satellite dreams or parfait amour. it might be good to have a darker purple too like shadowy lady.

for greens, i'd recommend swimming, sumptuous olive, greensmoke, and club (sort of a green i guess). it's also good to have femme noir (dark matte green) i think for your green looks. juxt is a nice light green too and great for spring.

for teals, i'd say steamy - this looks great w/ nocturnelle (and retrospeck to highlight).

for browns, definitely bronze! one of my all-time faves.

for lighter colors, shroom is one of the best highlight colors IMHO. it looks wonderful w/ bronze.

i think patina is a great neutral to have. it would work w/ a lot of the colors you have, and if it looks great w/ greensmoke (if you were to get that too). greensmoke on the lid + patina in the crease +vapour to highlight was the first smokey eye look a MAC MA ever showed me. it's a great combo w/ tarnish eye kohl.

ok, so i'm going to stop now before i name all MAC eyeshadows! hopefully i didn't duplicate anything that you already have (i tried to make sure what i recommended wasn't on your list).

hope that helps a little. happy shopping!
smiles.gif

AudreyNicole

A few of my favorites not on your list are:
Coppering (Love this with lovebud!)
Stars and Rockets
Retrospeck (I use this almost everday! Great neutral!)

Miss_Behave

ok MUST haves are: sumptuous olive, velvet moss, club, and patina and femme noir. I would also say Motif because it goes with every color. (Patina, Motif and Sumptous Olive is one of my favorite combos, Motif also looks great with purples ans especially with Sensualize)

n_j_t

I love Ricepaper as an all-over/highlighter and Flashtrack and Crystal are gorgeous.

bottleblack

I'm a sometimes NW20 (don't ask!) and I like Motif, Gleam (looks sooo good w/ Goldbit), Haux and Honesty for more neutral colors. Coppering, Mythology, Juxt, Stars N' Rockets, Melton Mauve are all awesome.

Kat

Shimmermoss and bronze! They look great together as well...a bonus! If you still have freshwater, it looks great thrown in as well...bronze blended to shimmermoss blended to freshwater across the lid...lined with Parfait Amour.

My recs for a neutral looks were going to be expensive pink, woodwinked and all that glitters but you already have that covered - good work
winks.gif

bAbY_cHiCkEn01

Paradisco and Carbon I find are all essentials for a NW20... My fave e/s...
Stars "n rocket is hot, and I love all that glitters with star violet in the crease, very nice combo...

If you can find yourself these they're amazing:
Belle Azure ~ that is OMG on me... in a good way
smiles.gif

Lustreleaf, another fantastic shade!