Wanting to try Everyday Minerals Line.

Kiwi Girlie

Hey everyone,

I've been using Bare Minerals/Bare Escentuals for a while now.

I use the shade Light#2.

I like it but I think I can find something that looks even better with my skin, I also find that my face burns when I get hot whilst wearing it, Which I know happens to alot of people that use it.

We don't have Everyday Minerals here, so im not sure what shade i'd be, I also hear there's alot of different finishes. Does anyone know what a Light#2 in Bare Minerals would convert to shade wise in Everyday Minerals?

Any help would be awesome.

I can't work out what shades i'd be on their site, as Im not really warm or cool toned. Im more neutral but I have quite red undertones to my skin.

I looked at the EDM website, and am getting a bit overwhelmed by all the shades and formulas!

Also I've been trying another Mineral makeup recently called Immersion, and I notice that even though my skin has pinky reddy undertones that this mineral makeup makes me look really pinky, which I hate.

Can anyone help me choose which samples to get! HELP, hah

Freya
smiles.gif

eowyn797

i'm not sure about the shade, but you can order samples from them for free, just pay shipping. you can order as many samples kits as you need to find a match, too!

Kiwi Girlie

Quote:
Originally Posted by eowyn797
i'm not sure about the shade, but you can order samples from them for free, just pay shipping. you can order as many samples kits as you need to find a match, too!

Yay, thanks for that hun!

Do they send internationally though?

frocher

I think they do, my friend in Scotland ordered from the site. She really liked the stuff, I have yet to try it.

Kiwi Girlie

How do I tell if im Cool, Neutral or Warm toned?

I've always had trouble trying to figure this out, my veins look more blue I guess, but I have quite pinky red undertones. I think I may be Neutral.

daisydeadpetals

If your veins look blue and you have pink undertones then you are cool toned
smiles.gif

I tried everday minerals and liked it for the most part and it's really nice that you can get the free sample kit to find the right shade. I recently switched to alima though because I found a better color match.

Aevalin

I've tried a few different MMU foundations and for me (an NC15-20) dry skinned girlie, Everyday Minerals is the best. I wear Golden Fair in Original Glo most of the year - I added a bit of Fawn to it for the summer.

The sample kit rocks - they do ship it to Canada, not sure about other places tho. It really is the best way to work out what colours/formulas you need. I placed my first order for colours - tried a few, then my second order was the colour I wanted and I tried out formulas!

aprilprincesse

One thing to remember when you're getting the samples, is if you're planning to try different finishes, especially the intensive - the same shade can look different in one finish than another. The intensive colors seem to be a little darker.

Kiwi Girlie

Quote:
Originally Posted by daisydeadpetals
If your veins look blue and you have pink undertones then you are cool toned
smiles.gif

I tried everday minerals and liked it for the most part and it's really nice that you can get the free sample kit to find the right shade. I recently switched to alima though because I found a better color match.

the thing is I don't think I am cool toned, My veins are only slightly blue. And I suit warm eyeshadows etc rather then cool toned ones. Like bronzes, coppers, greens etc.

So im really confused, lol.

I definately want to get the Sample kit, as I've found they will send it to New Zealand, I just am not sure which catergory to pick samples from like warm, cool or neutral. The shipping costs quite alot to New Zealand, so I want to try get it right the first time
ssad.gif

eowyn797

i would try neutral and cool, if i were you...definitely not warm. anyone can wear warm colors - that won't really tell you whether you're warm or cool. if your veins are only slightly blue, i'd go for neutral and work your way towards cool from there.

frocher

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiwi Girlie
the thing is I don't think I am cool toned, My veins are only slightly blue. And I suit warm eyeshadows etc rather then cool toned ones. Like bronzes, coppers, greens etc.

So im really confused, lol.

I definately want to get the Sample kit, as I've found they will send it to New Zealand, I just am not sure which catergory to pick samples from like warm, cool or neutral. The shipping costs quite alot to New Zealand, so I want to try get it right the first time
ssad.gif

I now what you mean. My veins are very blue, but I am warm toned. I have had a few MAs tell me I am cool toned, but whenever i try the foundation they recommended it doesn't look right.

Could you try e-mailing them, and tell them that your situation, since you live so far away, maybe they could make an exception and let you try 2 free kits in one order so you could find a good match? I don't know if they will let you but it is worth a shot. Good Luck.
smiles.gif

Kiwi Girlie

Okay so I got my sample kit these are the colours I ordered

Neutral - Light Semi-Matte

Neutral - Medium Beige Original Glow

Cool - Light Medium Original Glow

Light medium and Medium beige are ALOT darker in real life then the swatches on the website, so they are definately not going to be the right shades for me, Just looking at them in the pot you can see it's wayyyy to dark
ssad.gif

Im going to try the Light one now, hopefully that one looks ok. Comparing it to my Bare minerals Light #2 which looks fine on me the Everyday minerals one doesn't seem to have the same yellowy look to it. The bare minerals one looks alot yellower and slightly lighter in the pot..

Latest posts