warning, this is really disturbing..

BEA2LS

I hope nobody minds if i vent here (again!). this one is pretty deep - i have been so distracted by money problems that i guess i let stuff slide.. work, relationships. last night hit me hard.
i have mentioned before that my boyfriend has issues with mental illness.. he also has a son whose mother had full custody (he would see him every other weekend and for one week night a week but they never went through the courts and he never had official custody). well dyfus was called on her, she surrendered both of her children (she has another by who knows who
th_dunno.gif
) and instead of asking him for help she surrendered them. dyfus refuses to separate them so his aunt has them for now. all is well, he sees his son all the time it is working great.
well last night a friend told him that his ex's boyfriend tied his son to a fence and beat him. our friend's mom confirmed this but god only knows why they never called the cops??
angry.gif
or him at least?
well he bugged out, and tried to kill himself.. me and the same friend stopped him and he is safe now but i am so worried. i know he needs help and he will get it even if i have to commit him but i am so upset about his son and so worried about him.. i had no sleep last night but had to get to work cause money problems had me slacking so badly.. like i said he is safe and so is his son but wow.

n_c

This is horrible, im sorry you are going thru this
th_cheerup.gif

I hope your bf can get the help he needs to care of his mental illness, make sure you remind him that he needs to surpass his issues for the sake of his son.

TISH1124

This is horrible....I have to be honest and say after reading a lot of your post regarding your bf, either you are a Pure saint or deeply in love with this man...I for one do not know if I would have the strength, patience or endurance to continue to deal with all his problems and still remain sane myself. I admire women like you but I would sure hate to be in your shoes...because I think I would have hauled a$$ a long time ago.

reesesilverstar

Oh my goodness... Oh my goodness... Wow... I can only imagine what you feel like... Your bf really needs to get help. He's tried once already and if he doesn't the stress could make him try again. The poor babies... Whooo... My heart goes out to you. Abuse and suicide is devastating to everyone involved. But it definitely sounds like he's not stable at all... Please, get him some help pronto.

BEA2LS

thanks - i called his father and he is going to stay with him and he is currently working on getting him an appointment. he does not have insurance at his job (he just started it and it's not that great, to be honest), which makes it hard to get a doctor but we will work something out.
thanks for everyone's kind words.. i do love him but do not think i do all that much.. stuff just comes up sometimes, it normally works out okay. the situation is going to be handled, i just have to be strong for him and wanted a place to vent and i really feel safe here.
thanks again..

Shadowy Lady

OG honey this sounds like such a difficult situation. You are a very strong woman to stand by him all the way through this. I wish you all the best. Keep us posted on the situation.

kimmy

no offense, but wouldn't killing himself only perpetuate the emotional problems his son is/will experience due to the beatings his mother's ex gave him?

i admire you for sticking with him through everything, and i think you're on the right track when you say you'll get him help even if it means you have to admit him. hopefully he can pull through this and if nothing else, be strong for his son.

BEA2LS

Quote:
Originally Posted by kimmy
no offense, but wouldn't killing himself only perpetuate the emotional problems his son is/will experience due to the beatings his mother's ex gave him?

i admire you for sticking with him through everything, and i think you're on the right track when you say you'll get him help even if it means you have to admit him. hopefully he can pull through this and if nothing else, be strong for his son.

I know it seems that way to someone on the outside but people who are sucidial do not usually want to die per say, it is more that the pain is greater than the means on finding ways to cope.

i understand what you are saying though.

thanks so much to everyone who took the time to listen
smiles.gif

kaliraksha

You are on the right track by getting his close family involved and getting him help. This is going to be a difficult situation and he is very lucky to have you by his side. I think the strength that you've shown is immense and once he starts getting help things will look better and the end will be nearer and once he's back to his old self he can fight for his son. At least his son is away from the abuse.

I will definitely be thinking about you and your bf and his son and sending my best wishes for you all... please update us as the situation changes of if you ever need a few words of encouragement.

BEA2LS

thanks so much again everyone.
not much new to update on, they will not do anything about the incident as it happened too long ago (no marks on skin, no witness other than our friend and they said she's not a reliable witness, unreal).
he has talked to his parents about finding a doctor, he is uninsured and that is currently the red tape right now.. we went away for a night (a friend had a comp room in atlantic city so it was free!) and it seemed to help him a bit.

L1LMAMAJ

This must be so tough for you. I really wouldn't know what to do if i were in your situation. I wish you the best of luck. Sorry I couldn't be of more help. Maybe you can try your best to keep an eye on him as much as you can.

Latest posts