Washing Brushes.

sandyisntcool

I wash my #217 every week, and for some reason it just ends up poofing out the sides more and more.

How do you guys wash your brushes?

aziajs

I think it's the 217. Mine is doing something similar. I place a pea size amount of shampoo on my hand. I wet my brush and then swirl it in the shampoo to create a lather and rinse well. I dry my brushes at a slight downward angle so that the water drains away from the brush.

user3

yup, my 217 did the samething.
I tried to get it not to do that but no matter how I dry the 217 it still poofs.
I am even very gentle when I wash it.

sandyisntcool

Quote:
Originally Posted by 'Nessa
yup, my 217 did the samething.
I tried to get it not to do that but no matter how I dry the 217 it still poofs.
I am even very gentle when I wash it.

okay i'm pretty much convinced it's the brush now. i'm gentle as well when i clean it and it just poofs no matter what. looks like i'll be at MAC tomorrow buying a new blending brush. #224 sounds nice. :]

Shawna

To stop the poof (yeah, mine will do it too if I let it) I shape the brush when it is wet and periodically re-shape it while it is drying. I have also resorted to putting a small elastic hair band around the brush while it dries to hold it in place. Mine has been washed and washed, but it only poofs a tiny bit.