Waterproof Brow Fillers??

zzoester

Forgive me another thread about this exists somewhere, but I could not find one...
smiles.gif

I am currently using Lorac's Take a Brow powder brow filler in the Dark brown combo. My natural hair color is VERY dark brown/Soft Black.

This is working really well for me and the color matches perfectly (it comes with two shades which I mix 50/50 while applying to make an exact match) BUT I really want something that is waterproof, if at all possible. I have three upcoming vacations, two of which are beach settings where the weather is hot and humid. I'll be spending tons of time at the pool and can go without makeup but I cannot LIVE without brow filler.

Any suggestions on something in the color I specified that will stay put in the heat, if I get splashed, go swimming, etc?

zzoester

Thanks, I saw the Make Up Forever product at Sephora but they are all sold out. If that one is good, I wonder where else I could get some.

frogy_green

yes..... but also be realistc
a-if you are at the beach vacationing who cares about your brows!
b-somthing totolly waterproff may not look realistic

but here is some help

i use mostly mac products and would recoment to go to a counter and as for the brow finisher it comes in a stick its a wax and ask for the clear wax.

-1-use the brow wax all over
-2-fill in with apropriate color
-3-i like to go over it with the wax and aslo a clean lash brush or even a
clean toothbrush coated in hairspray to set it down this should help
alot
if this dosent appeal to u or have tried this then do this....
1. buy a lafemme liquid converter mac has one i think makeup forever
has one and i think benefit has one called shelack it turns your
powders into a waterproof finish and use an angle brush dipped in
this liquid and then with the apropriate color for your brows.

I hope this helps you some depending on where u live u may have to online to get some of this stuff, either way like i said before if u are on vacation relax and have fun! TAKE CARE! -tony
smiles.gif

Kiseki

Make Up For Ever's is creamy and waterproof, use it with a light hand, otherwise, it won't look realistic. But we never can have it all.

shadowaddict

Quote:
Originally Posted by frogy_green
yes..... but also be realistc
a-if you are at the beach vacationing who cares about your brows!
b-somthing totolly waterproff may not look realistic

but here is some help

i use mostly mac products and would recoment to go to a counter and as for the brow finisher it comes in a stick its a wax and ask for the clear wax.

-1-use the brow wax all over
-2-fill in with apropriate color
-3-i like to go over it with the wax and aslo a clean lash brush or even a
clean toothbrush coated in hairspray to set it down this should help
alot
if this dosent appeal to u or have tried this then do this....
1. buy a lafemme liquid converter mac has one i think makeup forever
has one and i think benefit has one called shelack it turns your
powders into a waterproof finish and use an angle brush dipped in
this liquid and then with the apropriate color for your brows.

I hope this helps you some depending on where u live u may have to online to get some of this stuff, either way like i said before if u are on vacation relax and have fun! TAKE CARE! -tony
smiles.gif

I use the brow pencil in Lingering and have forever. I tried the brow finisher once in one of the colors and didn't care for it. I'm thinking about giving it another try and maybe in the clear. I put it on after the pencil and tried it alone also. When I returned the MA told me she hated it. I never thought of using it before the pencil. Will it work the same with the pencil as you do it with powder? I have that $75 Anastasia kit from Sephora and I think it was basically a waste of money. The powder is ok but pencils are so much easier. Maybe when I used the brow finisher I used too much, it felt heavy. But I couldn't get some of my brow hairs to lay down, some are very corse and stiff. Any suggestions?

frogy_green

Quote:
Originally Posted by shadowaddict
I use the brow pencil in Lingering and have forever. I tried the brow finisher once in one of the colors and didn't care for it. I'm thinking about giving it another try and maybe in the clear. I put it on after the pencil and tried it alone also. When I returned the MA told me she hated it. I never thought of using it before the pencil. Will it work the same with the pencil as you do it with powder? I have that $75 Anastasia kit from Sephora and I think it was basically a waste of money. The powder is ok but pencils are so much easier. Maybe when I used the brow finisher I used too much, it felt heavy. But I couldn't get some of my brow hairs to lay down, some are very corse and stiff. Any suggestions?

Hmmm well im glad you tried the brow wax finisher but im disapointed you didnt like it. The answer to your question is that using the wax down firsts or after wont make much of a diffrence. THe brow finisher is just plain wax and it will set your brow hair down and the WAX will grab one to any shadow u put on it (omega, coquette etc.)

In addition i do think the anastasia kit was a waste of money unless u got some good use out of the stencils (i love those)

If your hair is very harsh or untamed consider first shaping your brows first, then use a a mascara brush or lash come to cut off excess hair if they are too long, Then i do suggest you use the mac brow finisher or even better any type of hair wax, even hair pomade will work. And then go over it with brow powder to fill em in. I do however like using lingering or any of the brow pencils to finish off the brow like the outer half of the brow so they look very neat. (i hope im making sense) brows are alot of work more work then what they seemed, i hope this helps! -tony

SoSoAmazin

Coco Bar Liquidlast Liner. Seriously. I have tried so many in the past in search of one that would last thru my swimming and snowboarding days, (including MUFE's waterproof one, which acutally is similar to the liquidlast) and I have experienced that LL lasts longer. You have to use a brow brush like the 208 and use very very tiny amounts in short strokes that way it looks natural. HTH!

zzoester

Thanks for all the recs, everyone!

I was at Nordies yesterday to pick up some shoes on hold, and stopped by the mu counters (um, could not help myself...) and ended up with the Dior waterproof eyeliner pencil in Intense Brown (which is really the perfect color for me). Of course I tried it at the counter, but it was nice to play around with it this morning when I got ready for the day. It worked pretty well for my brows! It's so creamy when first applied and has a sponge tip on the other side, so I was able to blend it well to a more natural look...yet it dries fast and totally stays put.

I figured if I played with it and it didn't work the best for my brows, I'd just have yet another brown liner for my eyes.
winks.gif
Actually, I am pretty impressed.

I'm one of those people that is ALWAYS trying new things, though...so knowing me I will buy every single item you all have recommended for my over the course of the next few weeks. hehe. It's bad. But, I thank you for your suggestions!

Latest posts