Watery Eyes?

lilmzkimmylady

I have eyes that tend to water a lot, because i have intense allergies to pollen, but i love eye makeup. it just has the tendency to get smeared or smushy because my eyes tear so much. is there any products (MAC or other brands) that can withhold a bit of tears? (eyeliners, shadows, etc)

Fairybelle

MAC Powerpoint eye pencils are very good!! They go on smooth, and you can even blend them a bit before they 'set'.
I also love MAC Prep+Prime products because they keep MU on pretty well.
To 'set' makeup that even tears can't smudge, I love a quick couple of spritzes of Model In A Bottle. HTH!

lilmzkimmylady

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fairybelle
MAC Powerpoint eye pencils are very good!! They go on smooth, and you can even blend them a bit before they 'set'.
I also love MAC Prep+Prime products because they keep MU on pretty well.
To 'set' makeup that even tears can't smudge, I love a quick couple of spritzes of Model In A Bottle. HTH!

thanks fairybelle! im definitely going to try the Model in a Bottle! it sounds so awesome! =D

Fairybelle

^^If you live near a Costco, try looking for Model In A Bottle there first. It's a bit cheaper, even though you only buy one--unfortunately no multi-packs with it even though it is Costco. It's awesome stuff because it holds your regular makeup in place all day, even if you don't own waterproof products or long-wear foundation! I have heard others on Specktra posting reviews on other makeup seals, however this is the only one I have tried so far and I was pretty darn impressed. Hey, if Oprah's MUA uses it on her, it's got to be good!!

tropical_smiles

you should try the Fluidlines products. Even though they're meant to line your eyes they are very water proof and i'm one of those girls that can cry over anything and they just stay put. Also sometimes, I use them as a base before i put on my shadows and this way before the fluidline dries, the paint adheres to the shadow so it's less likely to smear when you shead a tear or two. hope that helps
cheerleader.gif

glittergoddess27

Yep I use fluidlines as a base for my eyeshadow and I have really watery eyes due to allergies also. Paints work really well too. I do however have to carry a tiny brush and some shadow for a touch up here and there if I am having a really bad allergy day

User49

I've so been having this problem! An optician told me it was just the wind irritating my eyes. It's SO frustrating because I'll do the perfect make up and then as soon as I go outside it's running down my cheek and by the time u get to work or wherever it looks like you've been crying! I too am interested in advice!

PS: I found the Smoulder Mac Pencil, tho a HUGE favorite, tends to smear all over the place because of this. I've heard engraved is exactly the same but waterproof... could this be the awnser!?

Fearnotsomuch

Fluidlines.. I have the worst problem with runny eyes and since I bought this a few days ago, I haven't had the problem since. Now I just need to fix the mascara problem...
hmm.gif

lilmzkimmylady

Thanks girls! I already use Fluidline but it still smears off sometimes. Still my favorite eyeliner though! =D

My eye shadow tends to wash off too, even when I set it with eyeshadow bases. Any suggestions to keep eye shadows from smearing even when you're eyes tear up?

dmenchi

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilmzkimmylady
Thanks girls! I already use Fluidline but it still smears off sometimes. Still my favorite eyeliner though! =D

My eye shadow tends to wash off too, even when I set it with eyeshadow bases. Any suggestions to keep eye shadows from smearing even when you're eyes tear up?

Get eyeliner mixing medium or liquid last liners, also use the waterbased mixing medium for shadows. Eyedrops that are meant for allery prone eyes do help as well. You could also keep a dairy for a couple of weeks and find out which eyeshadows run more, i know from experience that some pigments that are used in certain shades aggrevate the problem. a lot of purple eyeshadows for example have the same colours pigment in them and cause some gilrs/boys sensitivity.

xedenx

i have this problem but its because i get product in my eyes sometimes. I found fluidline and always having a primer helps. and make sure to bring the things you need for a quick touch up
winks.gif