Watery Eyes

Ciara

So I have this problem. IT NEVER FAILS!!!!
angry.gif

Just when I am about done with my eye makeup.... The inner corner of my right eye begins to water up. I always keep a tissue or Qtip handy to clean up the tears but it ALWAYS ends up ruining my eye make up in that inner corner area. I try to touch up but once my lid get a little wet nothing sticks.

I always use UDPP as my base.
I dont know if its that im allergic to something, or i dont know what.

Any suggestions???? its soooo fustrating.

Mizz.Yasmine

if its a big problem i would see a doc. they can give u drops for this problem.it could be allergies too.try to keep ur mascara as new as u can.it could even be the UDPP since u said u use that everytime too.

also, use super clean hands/makeup brushes when ur doing ur makeup.

girlsaidwhat

I have this same exact problem with my left eye.
I have no idea why. I can't keep makeup in this one spot, right below my tear duct, to save my life. It is /so/ annoying.

Mac MaMa

I have the very same problem with my right eye!!! I'm on the hunt to find out how to stop it. In the meantime, I'm just really careful when I apply the eyeshadow; blotting the shadow on in that area instead of wiping it on. I also keep Qtips handy; if you put it to the corner of your eye, the cotton will absorb the extra water. I also keep Qtips in my purse. I will admit, sometimes the tears come anyway and ruin the job!

aimee

i have the same problem

what i found out is that i cant use some of the purple eyeshadows and i had to switch to another mascara
now its better

rt66chix

I get this same problem with a lot of brown mac liners (could be the red pigment in it) and Prunella. The weird one though is Minted eye kohl. Maybe its the intense pigment in them, but my eye leaks all day when i wear those. Try eliminating one eye product at a time and see if it helps. a lot of scented mascaras can cause this too.

kittykit

I feel your pain. I've the same problem on my left one too!
angry.gif
The e/s on the right eye stays but the moment I'm done with the left one, the inner corner's wet!

I went to see a doctor few years ago and found out that some of my lower lashes poke into my cornea and causes the irritation.
angry.gif
I've to pluck some of my lashes in the corner but it doesn't help much unless I pluck everything off
th_LMAO.gif
which I don't do it of course. I've order some lower lash curler, I hope that will help.

My lower lashes are dead straight and they grow inward. My sis had the same problem and she went under the knife on her lower eyelids to turn the lashes to proper direction. Now she's living happily without watery eyes.

glamourgirl216

i have the same problem too on my right eye. but to be honest i can't hold eyeliner in either of my waterlines! so no matter how water proof a pencil is, it just doesn't stick on the inner eye. my eye dr says i have dry eyes, so my eyes over produce tears to make up for the dryness? which doesn't make sense to me, but whatevez! but one thing i have noticed, is that once i'm done doing my eyes, i usually use a mac wipe to clean off the fall out & if i get it too close to my eye, they water like crazy.
so i noticed that u said that once ur done with ur eye makeup ur eye tears? im wondering if ur wiping off the fall out with a wipe too? or using something ur that's irritating ur eye? i dunno... but im relieved to see im not the only one with a teary eye, lol!

Esme

I have this problem and I know it is my allergies. Sometimes after I take some sudafed, it stops. I wait and do my eye makeup at work on those days. The boss thinks I am crazy.
I keep a minimal shades-of-brown and two blushes palette at work.

mamadiaspora

My eyes would get really sore and watery after I finished my makeup, and I realized I was allergic to UDPP. I use paints now, and my eyes don't get watery anymore. Maybe you should go for a week without UDPP to see if it gets better?

Latest posts