ways to apply eyeliner

eeyorebb

hey girls!...i'm new to the forum!
wavey.gif

just wondering what ways there are to apply eyeliner? i have both liquid and pencil

i find my make up boring, but at the same time, i have big eyes so when i do a lot, looks over the top for normal daily wear.

but i just adore eyeliner..so any suggestions??
rofl.gif

aziajs

Well you can plly it right at the lashline and blend it into your lashes for a subtle look that will make your lashes appear thicker.

You can always use a brown or plum or olive shade and do a smoky eye. They aren't as harse as black so they are more versatile.

There is always the cat eye - which I love.

Try just lining the top lashline only.

Or often times I put mascara on the top and just line the bottom at the waterline.

Or you can just play around with different combinations of lines. ie. line the entire top lashline and just the outer 1/3 of the bottom, or the reverse.

Jaim

I sometimes like using MAC Black Tied eyeshadow as a liner, applying it with an angled brush. It gives a nice effect and it can really be as subtle or dramatic as you'd like.

pumpkincat210

Try an angled brush. I like as any eyeliner.. Black Tied, Beauty Marked, Sketch, Contrast and Plumage. MAC's glitter liners are neat too.

Scintilla

Am I the only person in the world who doesn't look good in eyeliner, or am I just doing it wrong? When I line the bottom at the waterline , my eyes just look tiny. Here's a picture (without makeup):

silmt9np.jpg

Any tips would be greatly appreciated!

maraloca

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liina
Am I the only person in the world who doesn't look good in eyeliner, or am I just doing it wrong? When I line the bottom at the waterline , my eyes just look tiny. Here's a picture (without makeup):

silmt9np.jpg

Hi Liina!! Hmmm...about applying eyeliner, I usually don't apply it directly on the waterline, but close enough(not a hard line, a blunt eyeliner would be better)...does that make any sense? :confused: And the trick is to smudge the eyeliner for a smokey effect--that way, you'll get this soft effect, which would make your eyes look bigger! Hope this helps!

pumpkincat210

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liina

silmt9np.jpg

You could try using a lighter color eyeliner instead of black. Maybe a light brown or purple color would better suit your complexion. If you line the bottom waterline with say a white color it will make your eyes appear larger.

scrapbookromance

white eyeliner on the bottom waterline makes my eyes appear bigger for when I wear darker eyeshadows and such - I also have dark eyes and naturally dark/thick lashes so I don't like anything harsh. I agree with the other opinions to try a softer color other than black for starters