wearing paint pots alone

invadersads

it seems most of you use paint pots as a base for your eyeshadows to enhance the color and staying power. paint pots are my latest obsession and i do use them as bases, but i'm finding that since its been getting warm around here, i'm not in the mood for regular eyshadow since i'm warm and want something low maintenance that will last thru everything and i dont have to worry about messing up when i'm wiping sweat off my face (lol).
so i'm wondering, how many of you wear paint pots alone, just as your eyeshadow? i just love love love them as bases AND alone. and i'm wondering if i'm the minority.

ashariel

I've been wearing mine alone for the past week and they've worked out well. I do like them under eyeshadows however. They're really versatile!

FiestyFemme

I like them alone too. I don't wear them often alone since if I bother with shadow, I like to go all out. However, they work really well alone for me on super easy days.

MAC_mallory

I like rollickin alone
smiles.gif
so pretty.

lvgz

Quote:
Originally Posted by erine1881
i like em better by themselves. i like shadesticks better for a base.

which ones would you say look the best by themselves? or are most versatile? i want to get started with paintpots but i dont know where to start. any recs?
smiles.gif
tia

Glassdoll

Quote:
Originally Posted by lvgz
which ones would you say look the best by themselves? or are most versatile? i want to get started with paintpots but i dont know where to start. any recs?
smiles.gif
tia

I use bare study and construtivist for my basic neutral look, and i love it so so much.
smiles.gif

i always use my paint pots alone, and occassionally when i have abit more time, i use them as a base
tong.gif

twilightessence

I wear Nice Vice, Perky, and Greenstroke by themselves occasionally. Haven't tried my Rolickin' by itself yet... But mostly I wear them as a base and then like Perky I'll put all over my eye and leave it for the highlight color. Same with Greenstroke when I'm wearing greens (sheer layer, obviously).

aimee

i use them as a base and wear them alone i love paint pots i want a new paint pot collection a big one woot woot
smiles.gif

Dianora

I think they ALL look great alone. I have the blue, gold, and Perky from Fafi, as well as Rubenesque and Delft from the perm collection. The gold, Perky, and Rubenesque are really understated by themselves, but they're so pretty and provide some nice brightening effects to the eye. It's definitely super easy in the morning to just swirl my brush once in the pot and cover the eyelid in a few strokes and then move on to the rest of my face - I don't look "made up", but I do I look put together with minimal effort.

erine1881

Quote:
Originally Posted by lvgz
smiles.gif
tia

i wear em all alone except for rubenesque and delft. they are pretty sheer, so i'll layer a shadow in a similar color on top.

macone

Remember, paint pots wear not made to be used as abase (although they make a wonderful base). They were made to be used alone.

What's the best brush to use to apply paint pots - especially if you are just planning to use them on their own?

I've just been using my finger so far, but its a bit hit and miss!

Dianora

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wednesday100
What's the best brush to use to apply paint pots - especially if you are just planning to use them on their own?

I just use all my eyeshadow brushes. I don't have any MAC eyeshadow brushes, so I can't give you MAC numbers, but generally anything I've used with my eyeshadow I've also used with my PPs. It washes out very easily with brush cleaner.

I used my fingers in the beginning too, but it was so messy and it wasn't as precise as a brush. Now the color only goes where I want it to.

Quote:
i wear em all alone except for rubenesque and delft. they are pretty sheer, so i'll layer a shadow in a similar color on top.

Erine, do you really find delft to be sheer? It's the PP I reach for the least often because it's so dark and vibrant and therefore not something I'd wear to work. I'd love it if I could find a way to make it more wearable.

bklynfemme

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wednesday100

I use my 272 brush even though its better for powder products. works well for me.

novella

For those who use this as a base what would you recommend. I bought the paint and the colour I chose is too light. Any thoughts/suggestions please.
I would like to got today to take advantage of the 15% discount.

thank you

josie

I've worn it alone, excluding a highlight eyeshadow blended (not really over) into the crease.

I apply with a brush too. I usually use a 252 for my lid, and a 275 (I know, I know) for the crease and inner-eye (if I use a non-neutral color), and blend the crease with a 224, and the inner-eye with a 217.

They have great staying power. The McQueen colors are fun for bright looks, and Mosscape is dope for a smoky look.