Website compliments (MAC customers welcome!)

amoona

smiles.gif
Ok so in June I got two compliments on MACCosmetics.com and I'm sure everyone who works for MAC knows what a big deal that is (well at least in my region). I was really glad that I recieved them and very touched when I read them.

I've had a few customers say they would actually follow through with leaving a compliment on the website but it's only happened twice. I'm still not so sure how to approach a customer to ask them to leave a compliment on the website. I usually say it when they try to offer me a tip and just let them know I can't take tips but what's better then a tip is a compliment.
smiles.gif

How do you guys do it? And MAC custys how would you feel comfrotable being asked? I'd like to be able to ask every customer without making them feel ackward.

frocher

I feel perfectly comfortable being asked, and I have been more than happy to do it. I have also asked for info so I can leave comments.

I look at it as a performance evaluation, only from an external source. Since you are doing your job efficiently, why shouldn't you ask?

Jot

I didn't know you could leave compliments on the web site!
Personally i wouldn't mind at all being asked especially if they have spent some time on you and helped you with products or a makeover/demo.
I guess when they say thanks you could mention it then and say if they are happy/like it they can always comment on the mac site or something like that. You could always keep it quite casual which shouldn't make them too awkward.
Hope this helps.

Also it might just be me being stupid but how do you do this? might be worth posting that so at least us folks here know how to do it and start doing it

thanks!

lara

I would love, love, love it if someone did this for me. I'm always being complimented on my technical/product knowledge, but unless it's said right in front of a Big Boss or emailed into the website, head office will never know about it.

Seriously, one compliment is worth twenty complaints. People are quick to complain but rarely to praise, so a complimentary bit of feedback is really valuable.

Bernadette

I cary those little comment cards in my belt and if someone wants to give me a tip I explain that I can not take it but tell them that filling out one of the cards would be very appreciated
smiles.gif

calbear

I've seen quite a few methods but the best is to take a few of your store's business cards and write your name on it as well as www.maccosmetics.com. If you you feel that the person really likes their service you say, ' if you have any additional questions mac.com has online chats to help you if we are closed and you get to see collections a few days in advance." you then add that "it is also the place where you can let my bosses know how my service was" if they seemed to really like you and/or are trying to tip you. It gives them a real reasoon to actually go to the website and while there they can hook you up with a compliment.

Beauty Mark

If you need an incentive to make compliments, I got a free Lipglass (didn't get to pick color, but it was free) for leaving feedback on the website. I didn't remember the guy's name who helped me, but I wrote a very detailed description and the date and time when I visited; I figure they can track people that way, too.

The MAC website (as well as every single other website for a chain I can think of) has some place on it where you can leave feedback. I think people mostly use it for bad things.

I don't know if I'd specifically ask for compliments via the website, but I'd say something about how feedback via the website is very important so your bosses know how you're doing. I personally would be turned off if someone chose to ask for compliments vs. feedback.

MrsRjizzle

I would totally loved to be asked. i am usally so excited when i leave mac that i would be wanting to help out the ma. I always feel like i have to buy more to help them. but if the compliment helps too, i would always be willing!!!!

amoona

To leave a compliment you just go to MACCosmetics.com and go to customer service. It gives you the option to e-mail customer service and then you can send your compliment.

We just got compliment cards and they're making it super easy. We got them on Friday and I already have three compliments! I get excited reading them, they really are an inspiration to keep the biggest smile on your face all day long.

Latest posts