Wedding apparel?

jasper17

What does one wear to a wedding that starts at noon?

Is black a no-no?

I had been planning to wear a black, slightly below the knee dress with a lime green, 3/4 sleeve cardigan over it but now I'm starting to think it might not be appropriate.

Any thoughts?

Thanks!

Pink_minx

I think its fine. I went to a wedding and I wore black pants and a dressy shirt...I saw a lot of poeple wear bright colors like red, pink, blue, white, and even hawaiian florals on there dresses. I think anything is fine just as long it is fit for the ocasion.

jasper17

I figured there wasn't much that would be off limits - etiquette says so many different things!

Thanks =)

Jessica

for a noon wedding...almost anything goes except for shorts and flip-flops
Noon=super casual, but respectful of the occasion. The outfit you described sounds wonderful

jasper17

*sigh of relief*

(not that i would mind going shopping for something else - there's just not time
greengrin.gif
)

moonrevel

Haha, I'm glad you asked this, actually, because I've never been to a wedding and I'm going to one in a month. I always wear black and I was conflicted over whether or not I should just suck it up and wear something else, but decided, "Eh, to hell with it, just gonna wear a black dress." Now I feel better.
smiles.gif

kissacid

that sounds fine! you're going to lighten it up with the cardi anyway. If you're still concerned, maybe add more color with accessories...or even flowers (brooch or hair). Have fun! I love weddings, and I always put in extra effort into looking different and standing out in the crowwd. If the 'moms' there raise an eyebrow then i've done my job! LOL

jasper17

Quote:
Originally Posted by kissacid
that sounds fine! you're going to lighten it up with the cardi anyway. If you're still concerned, maybe add more color with accessories...or even flowers (brooch or hair). Have fun! I love weddings, and I always put in extra effort into looking different and standing out in the crowwd. If the 'moms' there raise an eyebrow then i've done my job! LOL

now you have me thinking i might want to go pink cardi instead of the green one... i just found a really pretty pink pin in my jewelry drawer.

jasper17

Quote:
Originally Posted by moonrevel
Haha, I'm glad you asked this, actually, because I've never been to a wedding and I'm going to one in a month. I always wear black and I was conflicted over whether or not I should just suck it up and wear something else, but decided, "Eh, to hell with it, just gonna wear a black dress." Now I feel better.
smiles.gif

i think it used to be that black was not really worn to weddings and, from what i was discussing with coworkers today, red, too. black is classic!

PhonyBaloney500

Quote:
Originally Posted by jasper17
i was all worried about being dressed properly and a couple people showed up in jeans!

LOL I''ve seen that! I hope they changed for the reception at least!

jasper17

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhonyBaloney500
LOL I''ve seen that! I hope they changed for the reception at least!

nope - they stayed right in the same clothes!

Miss_MAC

whatever u do just dont wear white, white shoes, bag are fine, but pants, dresses...are taboo for weddings...i would go with the pink cardigan.

Latest posts