Wedding makeup - confused!

salvador4dali

I'm going to my best friend's wedding in 3 weeks. I wanna gorgeous (obviously not upstaging the bride, which i couldn't do anyway coz she's beautiful!), partly coz my ex is going to be there and I wanna show him what he missed out on! (hahaha *evil laugh!*
th_remoteImage-61.gif
). I'm indian and i'm wearing an indian outfit which consists of a long top and trousers. It’s a cream colour, with quite heavy embroidery. But as the embroidery is also in cream it doesn't look OTT.

So I'm NC40, with dark brown eyes, black hair. I've never really worn lipstick before so I'm looking for lipstick/lipgloss/lip liner to complement my skin tone and moreover go with my outfit.

I recently bought heat element eyeshadow and was thinking of using this along with mulch for the crease. Do you guys think this would go with the oufit. If it doesn't, any other colours you guys recommend?

On the cheeks I was gonna use fancy ray blushcreme, sincere blush, and porclein pink to highlight. But I am open to suggestions for all over my face!! I've made an appointment with MAC to do a makeover but I often feel obliged to say it looks good even if i'm not a 100% sure. And the advice from you guys is AMAZING! (Btw I simply love specktra, its a little ray of sunlight in day!
lol.gif
)

So to summarise (coz i know this is a bit long - sorry!) a lipstick/gloss to go with heat element, or any eyeshadow/lipstick combination to make me look elegant but a bit funky too!

thanks in advance, you guys are
th_star.gif
th_star.gif
th_star.gif
th_star.gif

wavey.gif

2004_0107Image0019.jpg

Mango

How about the 'Factory Made' look from Amuse ?

http://www.maccosmetics.com/template...=CATEGORY20063

Since your outfit is light colored, you could go all out with the eye makeup...also, if you want to keep a a softer lip look, a peachy/coral lipstick and gloss?

The outfit is very pretty! I'm sure you will look great and knock the socks off the ex!
lol.gif

salvador4dali

thanks mango for your recommendation, I was thinking a peachy lipstick too. The A Muse look is pretty much along the lines of what I was thinking! Thankyou
smiles.gif

Beauty Mark

I agree that a peachy shade would be best. Maybe a warmish rose if you want a darker lip color and light eyes? It depends on what feature you want to play up.

So that it isn't a waste of your time, perhaps look at the Internet for photos of makeup you like?

Rockell

I've been wearing Charm Factor l/s (peach with gold shimmer) with Heat/Element. Of course it will look radically different on you than it does on me, but I think they go well together. I top it with a bubblegum pink gloss.

thelove4tequila

I agree since your outfit is a neutral color and basically one color, you should play up your eyes. Since you don't like wearing lipstick alot (like me) I would suggest "Fancy That" Lipglass. I LOVE this color on me (honey creamy peachy color) I don't wear MAC foundation so I can't tell you how it would compare to your skin tone. I'm Mexican with a medium olive skin tone. I think I would be around your shade. I think it might be a good color on you.

salvador4dali

thankyou peeps! I'll check out Fancy That and Charm Factor this week. I agree think I'll play up the eyes more and do a sorta neutral look for the lips! I went to Mac and was recommended Charismatic l/s. But I think more neutral is what I'm after.