Wedding Palette Colours

Bre

Hi all you MA's

Just wondering if anyone has put together a MAC 15 pan eyeshadow "Wedding Palette" consisting of must have wedding colours?

If anyone would be kind enough to share what colours you have I'd really appreciate it

Cheers

Fairybelle

What would help others is what skintone/eye color/haircolor you have. That would tailor a palette perfect to your looks.

Hawkeye

Usually they stick with most neutrals- since that is most important to give a timeless makeup look.

Something like Yogurt, shroom, girlie, blackberry, kid, haux, etc.

Bre

Cheers but what I'm looking for is a universal palette (to be used with all skin types, hair types, eye types). I thought someone who does Wedding Make-ups often may have constructed one of these

ie. using A few browns, a few caramels, taupes, a few pales, a few purple / burgendys, a few pinks

Just neutrals I suppose, as I find most of the wedding make-ups I do it is more suitable to down play the colours to bring out the natural beauty of the brides ie the eyes. This is what I was taught, for example it would be very unusual for me to use a blue eyeshadow while doing a wedding make-up

Normally I would just select the colours myself but it's hard to tell over the internet and I don't have a MAC near me

Fairybelle

Ah! Gotcha! Now I understand--you want a palette that you can use for weddings for others as an artist, not for yourself. Does anyone out there have a photo of their kit?

rouquinne

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bre
...what I'm looking for is a universal palette (to be used with all skin types, hair types, eye types). [...]

ie. using A few browns, a few caramels, taupes, a few pales, a few purple / burgendys, a few pinks

for pales - Naked Lunch, Shroom and Jest (also a pink)
browns - definitely Mulch, maybe Mystery, can't think of a 3rd - Woodwinked (also caramel)
taupe - Coquette, Concrete
pinks - Mink Pink, Sweet Lust
purple - Shale - most others have too much red in them
burgundy - Sketch or Cranberry

i would pick one versatile green like Sumptuous Olive or Swimming, one medium-light blue like Fade and one very dark blue like Contrast or Plumage - because you never know when someone will ask for blue or green and you won't have it and a blue liner colour can make a nice change from dark brown, especially if the bride you're working on has dark brown eyes.

hope that helps!

mistella

Also try looking for matte colors. I don't like using too much shimmer for bridal makeup