Wedding Speech.....HELP!!!

HOTasFCUK

Hey everyone! I need some help with writing a speech for my cousin's wedding next weekend! I don't have a fear of public speaking once i start speaking but i have no clue what to say! I was actually asked to do a prayer like grace before meals but my cousin said i could say a few extra words if i'd like to. Yes, i want to keep it short and sweet since i'm sure everyone will be hungry! I found a really cute quote on a site that i'm going to use

To love, laughter, and happily ever after!

So that's pretty much all i got & need to add LOL i use to be really good at these things but my mind is so blank right now and i don't want to wait until the last minute. Post any cute, sweet, sappy, etc. love quotes or anything good to say! Thanks!

HOTasFCUK

Nope they asked me to do a little speech/grace at the reception before dinner. I don't just want to go straight into saying grace. I'm Catholic as is a lot of our family but my cousin and his bride are not. I asked them if they would like me to do a full prayer like we do it (sign of the cross, etc.) or maybe they wouldn't since they aren't religious but my cousin said do it as a prayer as i normally would & to say a few extra words. I just don't know what to say to them!

xxManBeaterxx

I was never a matron of honor, but i made a few wedding toasts... Meh and even they are very difficult to write, sometimes i wack my brain out for months.

Well first i introduce myself and then i congratulate the newly weds. And since i pretty much grew up with the bride(s) who ask me to give a toast, i normally tell a goofy funny story about her when we were younger. And the whole time im trying to be funny, entertaining, and im trying to make my message very heartfelt and touching. I talk about boys, life, makeup, school, etc.. Then i briefly crack a joke about the groom and tell the audience what i thought about him when i first met him. Then i try to tell a couple of hilarious/embarassing stories about the couple and then i wish them the best. This sounds long but really its only 2-3 minutes long.

xxManBeaterxx

Oh if your in a rut you can watch some youtube vidoes. Just type in wedding toasts, wedding speeches, maybe that will give you some inspiriation!

kaliraksha

I'm sure it will! What have you planned to do? Do you get to pick the passage you're reading or is it just saying grace?

HOTasFCUK

I'm just saying grace but before i do, i'm just going to say something nice about them. Me an dmy cousin grew up together close & i've known his fiancee for 8 years so basically i just want to wish them all the best! And then say grace & race back to my seat LOL