Weekend away - Make up - how do you pick yours?

anita22

^ This list seems pretty sensible to me. The one thing that I personally would miss is tinted moisturiser with SPF, it's great for hot weather or when doing things outdoors, or when you don't have much time to get ready. Also, I always pack a decent-sized travel mirror since I feel bad about hogging the bathroom mirror if I'm sharing accommodation :p

BEA2LS

ohh.. tinted mositurizer! smart!
smiles.gif
i am trying to pack really light because there is going to be quite a few of us in the car
ssad.gif
i normally wear would have taken a lot more but i can think of several combos with the stuff i mentioned..

ginger9

Yes I agree this is a fun thread.

I'll be honest I use to bring a wack of stuff and ended up not using most of it and I had to pack/repack and carry all of it with me and I just grew sick of it. So my motto is as little and as light as possible.

My list:
- lash curler
- water proof mascara
- water proof liner
- foundation
- 1 blush (a peachy-pink shade)
- 1 moisturizing pink or mlbb l/s
- 1 red l/s (for evenings)
- 1 sheer l/g (that I can wear over any l/s)
- lip balm with spf

Optional
- a customized quad (a neutral, a hilighter, woodwinked, and a color)

Sometimes,depending on where I'm going I purposely bring very little this way I can go makeup shopping and use everything I bought!

BEA2LS

Quote:
Originally Posted by ginger9
Yes I agree this is a fun thread.

I'll be honest I use to bring a wack of stuff and ended up not using most of it and I had to pack/repack and carry all of it with me and I just grew sick of it. So my motto is as little and as light as possible.

My list:
- lash curler
- water proof mascara
- water proof liner
- foundation
- 1 blush (a peachy-pink shade)
- 1 moisturizing pink or mlbb l/s
- 1 red l/s (for evenings)
- 1 sheer l/g (that I can wear over any l/s)
- lip balm with spf

Optional
- a customized quad (a neutral, a hilighter, woodwinked, and a color)

Sometimes,depending on where I'm going I purposely bring very little this way I can go makeup shopping and use everything I bought!

i like your list
smiles.gif
i am reading these posts and worrying i am not bringing enough stuff! lol.. i am going to eastern va with friends.. so it's basically beach and bars (this is all the way in july, i am just excited haha!) but nowhere really to buy make-up
ssad.gif
so i am stuck with what i'm bringing

L1LMAMAJ

i bring a quad that has a highlight color, satin taupe, dark brown, and a black. if i want to use some color, i'll bring a few color e/s. peachy blush, pink blush, dramatic l/s, nude l/s, false lashes, mascara, foundation, brushes. i bring the essentials and try not to overpack. i like to bring thing that have dual purposes (e.g. 109 brush for foundation and contouring)
greengrin.gif

i try to pack lightly because i hate luggin around 10 pounds of makeup!! i also make sure nothing get squished. i use my mini train case.
greengrin.gif

alka1

I was about to start a thread about this same topic since I am going to be traveling this summer and in the fall as well. I'm ok with packing my clothes.. but when it comes to makeup, i have a hard time deciding what to take and what to leave at home (especially because some makeup is hard to travel with!)

I wish I could take everything but it's too much to lug around. I also don't want to leave behind something that I am going to end up needing once i arrive at the hotel. I like some of the ideas I've read in this thread. I'll try to stick to the essentials only - it will be hard!

I hate traveling
ssad.gif
a lot. I tend to get very homesick as well

ginger9

Quote:
Originally Posted by BEA2LS
i like your list
smiles.gif
i am reading these posts and worrying i am not bringing enough stuff! lol.. i am going to eastern va with friends.. so it's basically beach and bars (this is all the way in july, i am just excited haha!) but nowhere really to buy make-up
ssad.gif
so i am stuck with what i'm bringing

Sounds fun, I loves the beaches! From my experience - been to to the Caribbean and Bermuda just last year. I wore very little during the day because it's so damn HOT and you mostly end up swimming or tanning which doesn't jive with makeup staying put. I do always make sure I've got sunblock and the spf balm on the lips though. And I retouch with a cute l/g.

If there is a night life that's where you can get a bit glam.
smiles.gif

Another suggestion is a compact travel palette. I bought a lancome kit at Costco for a great price once as a gift for a friend. It had EVERYTHING. Travel sized khol liner, mascara, a l/l, 6 e/s, 4 lip color, 1 powder, 1 blush, it even comes with brushes for application (albeit they are small).

MrsMay

recently I travelled interstate for a week and half and this is what I took with me:

Cleanse Off Oil
Moisturiser
Primer - skin & eye
Foundation
several different lipglasses/lipsticks (I usually have around 10 in my handbag)
Brown gel eyeliner
Black gel eyeliner
Brown mascara
Black mascara
Quad with: Vanilla pigment, Coco pigment, Your Ladyship pigment, Tea Time pigment
Paint Pots in: Stray Grey, Indianwood, Moss scape
Various brushes
Stark Naked BPB
Redhead MSF
Merrily MB

I had organised an additional 15 pan palette with carefully chosen colours to take with me as I was doing various things and I left it at home!! So I had to make do with various combinations from the quad for the 1.5 weeks I was away.

BEA2LS

Quote:
Originally Posted by ginger9
Sounds fun, I loves the beaches! From my experience - been to to the Caribbean and Bermuda just last year. I wore very little during the day because it's so damn HOT and you mostly end up swimming or tanning which doesn't jive with makeup staying put. I do always make sure I've got sunblock and the spf balm on the lips though. And I retouch with a cute l/g.

If there is a night life that's where you can get a bit glam.
smiles.gif

Another suggestion is a compact travel palette. I bought a lancome kit at Costco for a great price once as a gift for a friend. It had EVERYTHING. Travel sized khol liner, mascara, a l/l, 6 e/s, 4 lip color, 1 powder, 1 blush, it even comes with brushes for application (albeit they are small).

Thanks! i'm at the beach quite often (i used to live in a beach town) and i never wear make-up to the beach, sunblock and lip balm is also the way to go for me!
i think it's more me being so far from home and away from my make-up that worries me..
ssad.gif

LMD84

i'm freakishly organised and i love to make lists. so the first thing i do when i know i'm going on a weekend away or on holiday is make a list of make up looks for each day! this way i know exactly what to take and hopefully keep some looks similar to keep my make up to a minimum!

generally i take a quad with me that i've made with my 4 fave eyshadows - a usually shroom, woodwinked, humid and goldmine.

then i'll take a few pigment samples of brighter colours like violet, teal and cornflower. generally this gives me enough looks to last a while.

of course i always pack my basics like foundation, powder and mascara
smiles.gif
i don't bother with blusher when on holiday because usually i get a little pinky cheeked anyways.
smiles.gif

plus i always manage to spend loads on mac when on holiday anyways!!

Jaim

I bring a few of my little holiday palettes because they are compact! Then some brushes, foundation, liner, gloss, mascara, and blush.

dulcekitty

I usually bring a palette that has a good range of colors, like black, a highlight and a few shades of the primaries, a bronzer and a natural blush and lipgloss. I have a little Dior travel case and that's my limit to how much I bring, but I like to be prepared because once people find out what my job is, they ask for a little something on their face and I love to oblige and my travel case can handle simple faces.

TISH1124

I always bring a quad like Tempting or Spiced Chocolate and a quad I made with just basic neutrals...ricepaper, carbon, patina and satin taupe.

My basics, foundation, concealer, primer, black eyeliner, mascara, MSF like brunette

neutral lipliner...1 Nude, 1 Red and 1 Pink l/s and clear lipgloss

Demi wipes/Moisturizer

gildedangel

I go simple when I travel with makeup. I pick 4-5 eyeshadows that all go really well together, and I pick maybe 1-2 lipsticks and 1-2 glosses that all work with each other. And of course I pack my basics as well!

Chikky

I always pack really light, and I end up about 3 shadows, just enough to do a simple eye look that goes with about everything. I can't think of my go-to one right now. So, 3 shadows, foundation, concealer, remover, mascara and liner. Possibly blush. And I rarely end up wearing most of it, anyhow. Usually I end up with concealer and mascara, MAYBE eyeliner, but I always get annoyed when it comes off (when I travel, I go warmer most times!).

Latest posts