weiiird MA experience

mitsukai

so while i was at home for spring break, i picked up a bunch of stuff at MAC. i almost got the thunder eyes quad, but i (for some dumb reason) decided not to. now i'm regretting it.

so last night i went over to my local MAC counter to see if they had it. i played w the tester, and the MA was like, here, let me put some on you! and i'm like, ok, cool. i was already wearing a kind of plummy/bronzey smokey eye but i figured since the thunder eyes quad has sketch in it she could work it in. so she puts some on, im not paying attention cause my eyes are closed, etc etc. then she's like, ok, let me just blend this..

and she takes the brush and literally scrubs my eyelids with it. and i look in the mirror and its just.. my entire eyelid is grey. i cant even tell colors, its just allll mushed together. wtf? wtf????

so in the end they didn't even have any quads even though she said they did.. *gripe*

just needed to share, haha.

MAC_Whore

That MA should know. Plum plus Green = Murky Gray Brown. Especially if they were all frost finishes. WTF is right!

You were sweet to be mindful of her feelings and bite your tongue. I guess you had to give her credit for being enthusiast and helpful.
smiles.gif
You never know, it could have been her first day (lets hope, huh?).

At least you can laugh at it now. Thank God you weren't there being made over for an important event.

asnbrb

well, she could have recognized her mistake after the fact, but she's not going to look at your face and say "oh sh*t" in front of you. hahahahahahaha!

oh god, just the thought of it makes me wanna fall off my chair!

kaliraksha

That sucks! I haven't had a really horrible experience yet, except one girl asked me if I had heard of "the bloom collection" coming out... and I was like "Culture Bloom?" ... I wasn't trying to be sassy... I was just wondering if there was another collection and she was like "OH yeah! That's what it's called."

ms.marymac

Quote:
Originally Posted by asnbrb
well, she could have recognized her mistake after the fact, but she's not going to look at your face and say "oh sh*t" in front of you. hahahahahahaha!

oh god, just the thought of it makes me wanna fall off my chair!

Ha Ha, she was prolly saying it inside her head! A lesson learned.

mitsukai

Quote:
Originally Posted by here_is_gone_88
How old do you think she was?

40ish? definitely the oldest MA i've ever seen at MAC.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAC_Whore
That MA should know. Plum plus Green = Murky Gray Brown. Especially if they were all frost finishes. WTF is right!

You were sweet to be mindful of her feelings and bite your tongue. I guess you had to give her credit for being enthusiast and helpful. You never know, it could have been her first day (lets hope, huh?).

i'm a nice girl, and i wasn't gonna say anything to her face, but it was just.. bzuh? i'm pretty sure it wasnt her first day but you know, maybe she was just.. overenthusiastic? i dunno. made me laugh
rofl.gif

but i was grumpy at the end cause she said they had the quads and they DIDN'T! grr. heheh. i guess if thunder eyes looks like THAT when i wear it.. hahaha!

Pushpa

aww ur so nice though

i have only had my makeup done 1 time by an ma at mac and i loved it i came in to learn something new *i miss susan why did she move*

lol that the didn't even have the quad

Dia

haha. That reminds me of when I went to a Pro store to get some help with my eyebrows (I just dyed my hair black and wanted to see the options). The MA who was helping me had awesome brows so I figured I was set. He sat me down and started going right to town on me. When he was finished he was going on about how great they looked, etc. I looked like Groucho friggin Marx. Needless to say, I didn't buy the products he used lol.

lovejam

Wow. I'm glad my local counter puts "sold out" stickers on quads when they don't have them anymore. I'd be really upset if I'd tried one, asked for it, and then it turned out they didn't even have it anymore. I'd rather be told straight away that it's sold out, so that I know not to even test it.

mitsukai

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dia
haha. That reminds me of when I went to a Pro store to get some help with my eyebrows (I just dyed my hair black and wanted to see the options). The MA who was helping me had awesome brows so I figured I was set. He sat me down and started going right to town on me. When he was finished he was going on about how great they looked, etc. I looked like Groucho friggin Marx. Needless to say, I didn't buy the products he used lol.

HAHAHAH that's AWESOME. i've just started doing my brows regularly as usually i feel like i look like a clown :x but i'm getting used to it and my bf says its nice so ... yay. thats hilarious though :} my boyfriend has groucho eyebrows, i oughta work on him.. damn, there ought to be a "big eyebrows" emoticon!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pushpa
i have only had my makeup done 1 time by an ma at mac and i loved it i came in to learn something new *i miss susan why did she move*

usually when i get mine done there i looove it. erica (professionaltart) and i hang out when i go to the counter here, she's a DOLL and she always makes me look hot
smiles.gif

asnbrb

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dia

That's happened to me recently! I looked like a female version of Bert from Sesame Street.

Jaim

Quote:
Originally Posted by mitsukai
my boyfriend has groucho eyebrows

Hahaha, mine too. He lets me wax or pluck them. Not as often as I'd like to do it though!

Dia

Quote:
That's happened to me recently! I looked like a female version of Bert from Sesame Street.

I was so glad I brought big sunglasses that day! I was an idiot and didn't say anything, so I had to walk around the rest of the day with those caterpillar looking things on my face. I felt like such an ass lol

Beautiful1

Quote:

Oh My Goodness! LOL
rofl.gif
rofl.gif
rofl.gif
rofl.gif