Weird question... but buying pigments with the intention of selling samples?

tricky

Is this a weird thing to do? It seems like a somewhat easy way to make a little extra money. I guess it is quite popular to do this, I wonder why more people don't do it? Maybe it's just the hassle of having to invest time & money into it?

SkylarV217

There is a lot of time and money that would go into it .... The jars and pigments and sorting them all out and unless you are pretty decent on your prices you prob would't sell a lot , but you could make money off of it , I looked into everything it would take you can find excellent jar suppliers on ebay =) . Once I save up enough money to buy a larger quantity of pigments I'll consider it very heavily

coachkitten

If I had more time I might do it on the side but it doesn't seem like a big money maker. If you could still sell pigment samples on e-bay it might be more profitable.

xxManBeaterxx

Hmm i have 70 pigments and ive tried to sell and swap them but people demand such low prices and discounts that you end up wasting time and losing money unless you can buy pigments with a mac pro card (discount then theres profit) or you have such popular pigments such as coco and all girl that you can jack up the price a little.

You can make between 8-15 1/4 tsp samples from each jar, selling them at around 2.00 each thats between 16 to 30 dollar profit for a pigment that cost around 21 dollars with tax.

COBI

Quote:
Originally Posted by xxManBeaterxx
.... you end up wasting time and losing money unless you can buy pigments with a mac pro card (discount then theres profit) ....

And reselling is *expressly* in violation of having a pro card; so, if someone "turns you in", you will lose your Pro card and not be able to get it back. You will also not get a refund on your Pro card fee. It's all spelled out clearly when you apply for the card.

For me, reselling would not be worth the risk of losing my Pro card discount.

Latest posts