went from NC15 to NC30 and now I need help picking shades!

_trimm_trabb

So all my life I've been extremely pale (NC15 verges on too dark for me). I was never into the tanning thing, and I'm still not, but recently I've become an avid self tanner and I really love the way I look with a nice summer glow. I've gone from NC15 to NC30 and now I'm totally lost when it comes to colour selection.

I went to the MAC store yesterday and got a new foundation matched to me (Mineralize SPF15 in NC30) but now I need a little more help. Among things I need are a new highlight eyeshadow (the one I was using looks white and ashy on me now), a new blush (was using NARS orgasm), and any other recommendations you might have.

Me naturally:
4700445471_f15a06b24c.jpg

(on the left)

Me tan:
4700445413_2c6618fe1e.jpg

Sorry about the red eyes. I have dark features (brown eyes, almost black hair, brown eyebrows).

Thanks in advance!!

User38

you look great with a tan!

let us know what shades you like, because being tan you can carry off a lot more shades -- i.e., blush could be a Dollymix for a pink flush, Style - for a coral shade, or Sunbasque for a more tan look.

and from there you can continue building your color schemes
smiles.gif

_trimm_trabb

Quote:
Originally Posted by HerGreyness
you look great with a tan!

let us know what shades you like, because being tan you can carry off a lot more shades -- i.e., blush could be a Dollymix for a pink flush, Style - for a coral shade, or Sunbasque for a more tan look.

and from there you can continue building your color schemes
smiles.gif

For blushers I prefer corally or more natural shades...not too much shimmer. For eyeshadows and such anything goes. I'm just not sure what kind of highlight shadow I should look for that won't look too "white" against my skin.

Junkie

I think Hipness blush looks AMAZING on tanned skin! The MA who cashed me out a few weeks before To The Beach came out was wearing it and he was easily an NC35-40. I'm about NC25 and it looks nice. Anything coral/pink looks great (ie. Fleur Power, Fleurry, Canteloupe, Sun Rush, etc), especially in the summer.

I use Vanilla as a highlighter mixed with Brule and Retrospeck. Shroom was a nice highlighter as well - and Phloof! was too if you used it sparingly. Provence makes a good highlight as well as it has a yellow base to it.

Penn

For highlight you might want to look into brulee. What colour did you use before? That way we won't suggest products that you have already tried
smiles.gif

As for blushes, I think you can pull off a lot of different colours,
Sunbasque
Gingerly
Peaches
Maybe even Warm Soul Mineralized Blush if you don't mind the shimmer

_trimm_trabb

Quote:
Originally Posted by starrynight0127
what tanner have you been using? you look great!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmcgeo
You look great both ways! Love your tan! What self tanner are you using?

Thanks! I use the Jergens Natural Glow foam...I use the one that's labeled "for medium/tan" skin even though I'm not...the one for fairer skin doesn't give much colour.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Penn
For highlight you might want to look into brulee. What colour did you use before? That way we won't suggest products that you have already tried
smiles.gif

As for blushes, I think you can pull off a lot of different colours,
Sunbasque
Gingerly
Peaches
Maybe even Warm Soul Mineralized Blush if you don't mind the shimmer

I was using phloof and now feel it looks too white/silvery and frosty.

Thanks for the responses.
smiles.gif

Susanne

As a blush try Springsheen, Style or Sunbasque from MAC. Hipness is a great choice as well.

Lipstick Bombshell will look awesome!

And try bronzer Refined Golden for a fresh look. All MAC.

January

Wow - you look amazing with the tan!

For highlight, since you liked Phloof, try Dazzlelight or Mylar for something more subtle.

bellaxo812

Since you mentioned you used to use NARS Orgasm when you were lighter, I think you should give NARS Deep Throat a try. I'm an NC30 and I love the way it looks on my skin.

Latest posts