Went into Mac today for Blitz and glitz (again) >>

Status
Not open for further replies.

huggablesecret

this is like week 3 and Im still waiting for it
New SA (been there about a month now) and I say "do you have any blitz and glitz fluidline in yet"
She checks the eyeshadows for my Blitz and glitz? WTF. She comes back and says "no"
I was gonna say something, but didn't want to make her feel uncomfortable, but her attitude annoyed me, if you dont know where something is, you should ask. End of Rant. lol, but i picked up black tied and nocturnelle

Holly

weird, maybe next time you should mention that it's a fluidline again, if they look where the eyeshadows are. my guess is that she was thinking of black tied (cuz its black and has sparkles, I guess) Maybe instead of going to MAC, you could phone and ask if they have it, so you wont be disappointed if you go there again and still don't have it

stellarx1587

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcita
Wasn't that an LE Fluidline?
If she's new then she shouldn't be expected to know.

Blitz & Glitz was actually made perm.

I agree that she maybe wouldn't be expected to know. Could be she was just confused. Since youve noticed that she didn't know where to look when you went in before... just ask someone else that's worked there longer instead of her. That way you'll get what you want and she'll see she was lookin in the wrong place for it without actually putting her on the spot and make her uncomfortable.

huggablesecret

She shouldn't know? I specifically said fluidline, lol. And she's been there long enough imo to know where specific items are.

MiCHiE

Is it so hard to ask the customer if you're not sure? I actually went to the store near my house and asked for the "187 brush" and the girl was like, "....And, which one is that one?"

Jacq-i

I always feel so weird asking about new collections, before they are released...

Last year I was talking to my favorite MA, and asked him if he liked the promo pics for Danse (which I had seen online, through Specktra) and he's like for what? I explained it was for an upcoming collection, to be released December 26, it's ballet themed... And he still looked confused, then he grabbed his MAC book and says "Oh my gosh, you're right! I didn't know that... That's, um, yeah, weird." then he just looked even more confused and shocked. Haha.

Now I just don't ask.

LadyLaundale

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jacq-i
I always feel so weird asking about new collections, before they are released...

Last year I was talking to my favorite MA, and asked him if he liked the promo pics for Danse (which I had seen online, through Specktra) and he's like for what? I explained it was for an upcoming collection, to be released December 26, it's ballet themed... And he still looked confused, then he grabbed his MAC book and says "Oh my gosh, you're right! I didn't know that... That's, um, yeah, weird." then he just looked even more confused and shocked. Haha.

Now I just don't ask.

I've totally had that happen before, especially when they haven't been to update yet. They're just like, "How do you know that?" all big-eyed. I just say I saw it online. Now, I just don't ask, either!

YvetteJeannine

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcita
Wasn't that an LE Fluidline?
If she's new then she shouldn't be expected to know.

No, it's not Limited...it's a permanent product...I would agree with you if it was LE from an older collection; but it's not...it is a very basic staple in MAC's line....And for that fact, she is an employee...yes...she SHOULD know
smiles.gif

mzreyes

Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyLaundale
I've totally had that happen before, especially when they haven't been to update yet. They're just like, "How do you know that?" all big-eyed. I just say I saw it online. Now, I just don't ask, either!

I don't ask about the future collections before they come out because I either get the "WTF you're not supposed to know about that shit" look, or the "wow how did you know!" look. I don't like either one. lol.

lah_knee

we dont sell blitz n glitz on regular basis. a new MA could have been there for a whole month but not sold one blitz n glitz. hell i havent even sold one in months. most want blacktrack.

so ya maybe she doesnt know its even in existance.

remember also guys, not everyone, employees included, are mac fanatics. quite honestly, they hear about this site and think its crazy that so many people are fanatical about mac and know so much about it... thats why some of you get those looks from employees :O

bellaetoile

Quote:
Originally Posted by ♥MiCHiE♥
But, y'all don't familiarize yourselves with the products you have on hand?

i work in a large specialized clothing boutique. i'm training for a managerial spot, and generally think i am very knowledgeable about the store. however, while i can give you a general description of styles and colors of our clothes, there's no way i could memorize exact details of thousands upon thousands of items, not even taking into consideration limited edition lines. my point is, i imagine mac is even more difficult to work in, with thousands of shades, many of them coming and going due to LE collections and discontinuations. you can only familiarize yourslef with products to a certain extent, and actually expect to retain information. i don't think MAC MAs get enough credit, really. also, if the customer doesn't (nicely) speak up and mention that the MA is looking in the wrong place, then that doesn't really speak any more for the customer than it does the MA, does it?

MiCHiE

True. But, I know I've heard about items and just blindly gone to look for them. That's when you expect the "help" to actually help. I used to work in a grocery store. I know, all too well, about item specifics and whatnot. And, while everybody may buy Kools or Virginia Slims, I still knew if Dorals and Basics were in stock. Sure, MAC has a lot of stuff, but if you're stocking it, cleaning around it, straightening it, etc....don't you ever just peek at it?

ETA: I think the most disturbing part is not that she's not familiar with the products, but that she looked in the wrong place, even after instruction. It just makes me happier for the girls and guys who really like MAC and happen to work for them, too. Jobs are always better when you enjoy doing them.

tuuli

In my city are 2 mac counter.
I wanted to ask for Barbie Loves MAC LE, esp. Beauty Powder. She never heard about this product. She showed me Mineralize Skinfinish Powder.
It's so annoying, MAC-Employees should know better their collection than customers.
It's their job.
th_rolleye0014.gif

madkitty

Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyLaundale

LMAO I had that too last week when I asked about balloonacy - they looked at me like I was a freak
lmao.gif

ms.marymac

Quote:
Originally Posted by ♥MiCHiE♥
True. But, I know I've heard about items and just blindly gone to look for them. That's when you expect the "help" to actually help. I used to work in a grocery store. I know, all too well, about item specifics and whatnot. And, while everybody may buy Kools or Virginia Slims, I still knew if Dorals and Basics were in stock. Sure, MAC has a lot of stuff, but if you're stocking it, cleaning around it, straightening it, etc....don't you ever just peek at it?

ETA: I think the most disturbing part is not that she's not familiar with the products, but that she looked in the wrong place, even after instruction. It just makes me happier for the girls and guys who really like MAC and happen to work for them, too. Jobs are always better when you enjoy doing them.

I don't think it's fair to say that she doesn't like her job b/c she looked in the wrong place. There could be many explanations on why she did that. Maybe she was nervous or flustered.

I have to ask...and this is not directed to anyone in particular. Are people this tough on everyone in the service industry? Do they get mad when they go to Target and an employee doesn't know what type of scented dryer sheets they need?

Edited to clarify my question...I know it can be frustrating when you need to pick something up and an employee doesn't know what you are talking about, but I see so many posts online where the employee in question is called names, etc. It wasn't really directed at this particular thread.

lah_knee

thank you ms.marymac thats oh so true...

sorry but employees arent all fanatical like many of you. and a lot of them dont get hired knowing all the stuff you guys already know! soooo many dont even know. some of them have never even been or heard of a pro store. they dont know or care about upcoming collections as much as a lot of you. they love makeup and they love mac but they dont go all out.

also, its not about familiarizing yourself with products. you just get thrown out there on the first day and are forced to fit in with the rest of us. customers will ask you the same questions they'd ask us and they are expected to know off the top of their head? no way! many new people will ask us for weeks what things are or where they are.... many get mixed up for a while too, they get names mixed up with other products (like blitz n glitz eyeshadow....) even if you did say fluidline, maybe she didnt even hear you.

either way, a lot of you are soooo tough on mac employees (UGH OMG SHE DIDNT EVEN KNOW WHAT PARROT WAS!!! SHE SOO DOESNT DESERVE TO WORK THERE) its so silly guys. like ms marymac pointed out, are you guys this hard on everyone else in the service industry and their knowledge? i guess no one has emotional compassion anymore.

MisStarrlight

The only time I (or anyone I work with) have ever sold a blitz & glitz is when we were sold out of Blacktrack....it's not a popular color-at least at my location.

I agree...Give the girl a break. You could have just POLITELY said that she was looking in the wrong place. You even pointed out that she is new so she has worked only a handful of times & probably has not been to Basic yet-or maybe she's a freelancer, so why be so hard on her?

MiCHiE

I never said the MA in question didn't like her job, for one. The statement I made was for the "fanatics" who live and breathe MAC and get the job. I just think, having worked in the service industry all my life, that if you don't know.....find out. If you're not sure, find someone who is. How hard is that? It's customer service. The way you guys are talking, it seems the customer/product is not that important. I agree to disagree on this subject.

Status
Not open for further replies.