Went to pro store :( Advice please

Status
Not open for further replies.

miss v

Hi GIRLS! ok I went to the pro store and this is my second time asking to get sample pigments, the first time a guy let me pick out whatever 4 I wanted
cheerleader.gif
and the 2nd one was a lady she asked me if I wanted bright colors and I said no, can I get the new colors from the new collection she gave me 3 samples and she didnt fill it up or not even 1/2 way
weeping.gif
I was disappointed b/c, and I spent almost $140 my question is what can I do for this not to happen again.

HOTasFCUK

Everyone is different there and some of the MA's can even say no to samples! I guess i would just go back whenever that guy is there if he gave you the most!! I once dropped a few hundred there and asked for a sample of copperclast pigment and the girl just gave me this look and said ok fine. She seemed so unwilling to give me it, barely putin any there and made it seem like it was a hassle! I did end up buying Copperclast but trust me, i went to a different store!!! The reason i wanted the sample was to see if it was worth buying the whole jar!

miss v

1) I felt that it was rude!2) It wasnt busy! and 3) I was the only CUSTOMER! next time Ill say politely that I'll do it. so she doesnt have to go out of her way JEEZ.

jillianjiggs

i am a regular customer at a freestanding store and when i asked for a sample, the MA was hestiant and gave me barely enough for one application.

it happens.
th_rolleye0014.gif
getting a little under half a jar is pretty good, imo. a sample is just that, for you to SAMPLE a product. if you expect almost a full sample jar, that can last you long enough to not ever need a full jar. sounds like she gave you enough for you to at least try it out a few times. that is pretty generous.

Shimmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by miss v
1) I felt that it was rude!2) It wasnt busy! and 3) I was the only CUSTOMER! next time Ill say politely that I'll do it. so she doesnt have to go out of her way JEEZ.

I don't understand what was rude about it. o.0 Company policy tells them to either say no completely or be very very very sparing with pigment samples, afaik.

miss v

thanks ladies! to JJ I think your right, but next time ill do it myself so I can get a full jar
cutey.gif

jillianjiggs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shimmer
I don't understand what was rude about it. o.0 Company policy tells them to either say no completely or be very very very sparing with pigment samples, afaik.

seriously... wahh, i didn't get enough of something i am getting for free? :confused:

Shimmer

Quote:
thanks ladies! to JJ I think your right, but next time ill do it myself so I can get a full jar
cutey.gif

I'm pretty sure that would be in the grey area of theft.

miss v

Quote:
I'm pretty sure that would be in the grey area of theft.

1) I am new to MAC did not know that was stealing
smiles.gif
I was handed some sample jar that I can fill whatever I wanted.
thmbup.gif
an MA was looking at me and I was there for a long time filling the samples and the only customer their. they should of called the cops if I was stealing! I guess I was not stealing
cheerleader.gif

Shimmer

Quote:
smiles.gif
thmbup.gif
an MA was looking at me and I was there for a long time filling the samples and the only customer their. they should of called the cops if I was stealing! I guess I was not stealing
cheerleader.gif

Like I said, it's a gray area.

It was very generous of them to hand you a sample jar and allow you to fill as you saw fit. But if that were the case I'm not sure what the complaint in this thread is. Were these separate visits?
hmm.gif

edit: ahhhhh. ok.

:shrug: More than anything I guess it's a difference in the MAs.

miss v

Quote:
Like I said, it's a gray area.

It was very generous of them to hand you a sample jar and allow you to fill as you saw fit. But if that were the case I'm not sure what the complaint in this thread is. Were these separate visits?
hmm.gif

Hi GIRLS! ok I went to the pro store and this is my second time asking to get sample pigments, the first time a guy let me pick out whatever 4 I wanted
cheerleader.gif
and the 2nd one was a lady she asked me if I wanted bright colors and I said no, can I get the new colors from the new collection she gave me 3 samples and she didnt fill it up or not even 1/2 way
weeping.gif
I was disappointed b/c, and I spent almost $140 my question is what can I do for this not to happen again. its ok yes the 1st time the guy which was real sweet to me gave me 4 samples to fill whatever I wanted
smiles.gif

Janice

Quote:
smiles.gif
thmbup.gif
cheerleader.gif

No, it's not stealing, but it's probably very likely why they were so unwilling to give you generous samples this time 'round.

Sounds to me like someone is taking advantage of the first MA's generosity...
hmm.gif

Beauty Mark

Samples are a generosity, not a privilege. They're also designed so you can sample, not avoid buying an entire container of pigment.

miss v

hmm.gif
I ll ask next time how much I can have so there is no confusion or bitchiness (yes its that time of the month) be nice!
cutey.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.