WHAT?!? $122.50 for Neutral pink on ebay?

jenntoz

I have to have something wrong with my eyes, cause I can't believe someone would be willing to pay that much for one eyeshadow!
WTF2.gif

Since the aution ended I think it should be okay for a link, right?
MAC Eye Shadow Neutral Pink! New in Box! Sold Out!!! - eBay (item 120230043056 end time Mar-08-08 18:54:45 PST)

lsperry

And only 6 bids....It's not like anyone got into a bidding war and bidded up to that amount....Crazy, crazy, crazy....But if you have the money, more power to ya! I imagine they'll be at a CCO soon.

pumpkincat210

People get caught up in the bidding, its a compulsion to some people. If they can pay for it I guess go for it.

Trista

Boy am I glad I bought it at regular price. But you know I guess if you see something that you gotta have...Lord knows I've spent crazy crazy money on makeup so i can't judge.

Loveleighe

i know at least 3 stores in my area that still have that e/s for $14 ... 122 dollars could get you like 9 of those... i hope who ever wins it finds that it applies itself or it has magical powers or something bcus that's the only reason i could justify for it being that much money

elegant-one

That's some CRAZY money for an eyeshadow.

I knew a lady that got into a bidding frenzy over the diana ross pink brush & spent crazy money on it, then ended up selling it admitting that she just got caught up in the bidding

But, if ya want it ya want it
smiles.gif

christineeee_

Quote:
Originally Posted by contrabassoon
Thats BS! Specially because they're still available at some MAC stores as well as the website.

my thoughts exactly.

jenntoz

Quote:
Originally Posted by contrabassoon
Thats BS! Specially because they're still available at some MAC stores as well as the website.

Wow, really? Its been off the site inthe US for quite a while now. Also, both the buyer & seller of the auction are in the US

eenerkwak

Quote:
Originally Posted by glam8babe
thats pathetic... you could go to mac and get a bunch of products with that money

lmfao more like 5 :[[[[
HAHA

gigglegirl

i wonder if maybe this was a fake bidder? either maybe the person won't be paying or they know the seller and would complete the sale somehow else? (It doesn't make sense though b/c of the listing fees.....*shrug*) but this really got me thinking of how much i do love neutral pink and maybe should buy another one online (we still have ones ppl like like Nanogold and Neutral Pink avail to buy on the Canadian mac site)

xbrookecorex

HAHHAHA what??? When I see things like that I assume its a typo, but WOW I wonder if someone really paid that.

I saw a Fafi postcard the other day that had a starting bid of $85 HUH?? I was like uhhh they must mean $8.50

thewickedstyle

Quote:
Originally Posted by xbrookecorex
HAHHAHA what??? When I see things like that I assume its a typo, but WOW I wonder if someone really paid that.

I saw a Fafi postcard the other day that had a starting bid of $85 HUH?? I was like uhhh they must mean $8.50

Wow maybe I should sell mine!!

It's ridiculous already... umm you can still get the N collection at Macy's too. People hurt me sometimes.

ashleydenise

Quote:
Originally Posted by xbrookecorex

And to think I threw mine away!!! =[ lmfao

BlahWah

My GOSH. I think that was a typo, and extra zero added, but the competing bidder definitely didn't make a mistake! I understand for a collector's item like Judy Blue or the old ones like Riot but not for something so recent!