What about buying or swapping for old eyeshadows ?

Lotte

Sometimes I see LE eyeshadows on Ebay for sale or on MUA for swaps that came out with collections a few years ago.Even though they have been hardly used, they are sometimes 5 years old.
I know the shelf life of eyeshadows is 2-3 years ...
So what happens when you buy old eyeshadows ? They start to smell ? You can't use them anymore ?
In short : is it a bad idea to get them ?

Thx !

TISH1124

I have never had a shadow go bad or smell and I have some that are far older than 5 years....However I would never buy used makeup off Ebay and I thought used makeup was banned from being sold there. I would look at the clearance bins here..

Lotte

The ones on Ebay are always new. The used ones I was referring to are the ones on MUA.

I don't think I have acces to clearance bins, don't know why ..
Maybe because I'm new ?

pop violet

Oh god, I still have my super-sized Carbon pot from like 10 years ago and it still works fine. I seriously think "shelf life" for cosmetics is somewhat of a marketing ploy. The only thing I'm religious about replacing is mascara, foundations (before I discovered you can get a pump for Studio Fix making it more sanitary), and most stuff that isn't dry.

You definitely can't sell used cosmetics on US eBay but I think other countries are allowed to sell used cosmetics.

fadedillusions

i recently joined mua. i thought there was a rule about posting swap ads so how come i keep hearing people do it all the time? i haven't even seen a post for it

Blushbaby

Quote:
Originally Posted by fadedillusions
i recently joined mua. i thought there was a rule about posting swap ads so how come i keep hearing people do it all the time? i haven't even seen a post for it

On MUA you can swap all you want, just not SELL. I know people sell behind the scenes though.

Latest posts