What are MACs 'natural' looking e/s textures?

Sushi_Flower

What MAC e/s textures create the most natural look? As in a ''i'm not wearing makeup'' look.

Is it Satin? The MA used mainly Frost on me when i asked for a natural, fresh look at my makeover saying those would look more natural..but then again she gave me smoky eyes for my 'natural/fresh' look so i'm not so confident about the stuff she said! :confused:

Matte would seem too harsh and obviosuly 'matte' to look natural but then again maybe it can look more natural..

Raerae

EYE SHADOW FINISHES

FROST
An iridescent shine that adds a highlight to any colour.

LUSTRE
Smoothly pearlized; intensely frosted with deluxe ultra-fine "conditioned" finish.

MATTE
Hi-colour pay-off in a no-shine matte finish.

SATIN
Pure colour in a satin-style finish. Provides a soft subtle non-frost, light-refractive sheen.

VELUXE
Superfine pigment rich and very luxe. Supple to apply. Provides silky smooth matte finish.

VELUXE PEARL
Vibrantly-toned. Velvety soft. Shimmeringly metallic. Veluxe eye shadow, now overlaid with high-shine pearl.

VELVET
Soft look finish with high-colour intensity. Has a plush velvety look and feel.

From the finish descriptions, It looks to me eigther Veluxe, or Velvet...

But I'm sure it also depends on how you apply...

I'm sure even a matte finish in the right shade for your skin could blend in to look almost invisible.

Corvs Queen

I really like how Beige-ing looks on the lid by itself. It adds just a bit of "gloss" or "sheen" to the lid without a lot of sparkles or color. Plus, I really Espresso lightly as a wash. It's a matte and I find that it's not super harsh. Hope that helps a bit!

asteffey

fresh cement is a great shadestick for a natural finish.. try fawntastic CCB or sublime nature paint.. all good natural finish natural colors.

glamella

I like all the finishes, although lustres and mattes can sometimes be difficult to work with. I think the natural look is more about the shades and application.

bluegrassbabe

I think the "no makeup" makeup is more about the color and how it is applied, rather than the formulas. I do use some frost and sparkle for a natural look, as well as mattes.
My ideal of a natural makeup look is even skintone, minamalist cheek color, enhancing natural lip color with a sheer gloss or lipgelee. For eyes I like to make sure that the brows are flawless, lashes emphasized, and shadows in fleshtone shades with application that emphasizes the natural shape. Frost and shimmer applied with a light hand can look very fresh and natural.

Sushi_Flower

Raerae, i already know about the finish descriptions but i want people's opinions.

Thanks for the tips so far, i don't have a CCB or a Shadestick yet (they crease on me) but have been wanting to get one of each so will do maybe. I have one Velvet, but it's so dark that i find it hard to judge wether its 'natural' texture wise!

Well i understand that any kind of texture can look natural to some extent but for me and the idea of 'natural no makeup' look i'm talking about, sparkles doesn't fit. Ofcourse subtle barely there microfine shimmer can look natural and create a glowy, fresh look but not proper shimmer/sparkles such as Lustres - a Lustre in the colour of my skin tone is still going to shimmer on my eye lid even if it's the most natural colour - which your eye lid would not do naturally to that extent! I guess i'm talking about a texture that mimcs the actual eye lid skin texture the closest when it is naked (and not oily!).

kare31

I think the most natural (and by natural I mean someone would look at you and not realize you had makeup on, just that your eyes look nice) textures are satin, matte, and veluxe. Velvets and Lustres are too glitterly, and Frosts and Veluxe Pearls are too reflective/shimmery.

Satins are the most natural IMO, just a bit of shimmer that mimics the natural oiliness of the eyelid; Veluxes and Mattes have no shimmer, but can be applied sheerly to look natural.

I know you didnt ask for colors, but my favorite no makeup look consists of:

Orb (satin) on lid
Malt (matte) or Cork (satin) in crease
Mylar (satin) for highlight

Jennifer Mcfly

You should check out the e/s Arena and Era. Those are both gorgeous natural colors. One is more peach beige and the other is more khaki beige, both are very light and neutral/natural.
I don't know the finishes off the top of my head, but they don't have sparkles, but they aren't matte.

vicuna1

And let me just add the Laze quad is perfection for this look. I had my doubts for the longest time, and put off getting it until it was offered at a price I couldn't pass by. Now I'm thrilled that I got it. Very soft, very natural and beautiful. Subtle.

AlliSwan

Quote:
Originally Posted by vicuna1
It's hard to beat satins for a "natural but better" look.

Ditto. I love Shroom. It's my lids but better.