What are some of your favorite recipes?

Demosthenes

I'm feeling all domestic, and I wanted to start cooking stuff that I wouldn't normally. Post any and all of your favorite recipes, even basic stuff!

user2

I loove to do some asian food....
just cook some rie or noodles
cuzt some chicken and rost it with some red curry paste, add some frozen asian vegetables and some chinese lemon chicken sauce or sweet n sour mix! If you like add some chilies or whatever...

melozburngr

are you lookin for dinners or desserts??? Desserts are my specialty- I want to go back to be a pastry chef!!

mrskloo

Okay well my husband constantly asks for Chicken Milano and Buffalo Chicken Rolls, found at allrecipes.com. And for dessert Blueberry Cream Cheese Pie that I found in a book. I think it's called Hawaii's Best Local Desserts, or something like that.

Janice

My favorite pasta dish to make @ home:

SHRIMP PENNE ALFREDO

1/2 lb. uncooked penne pasta
2 pkg. (1.6 oz.) alfredo sauce
1 1/2 c. milk
1 tsp. grated lemon peel
2 tbsp. butter
1/2 lb. med. mushrooms, sliced
1 med. onion, chopped
2 lg. clove garlic, crushed (more to taste if you love garlic!)
12 oz. fresh spinach, chopped
1 lb. shrimp, shelled and drained
4 oz. shredded Mozzarella
2 tbsp. grated Parmesan

Preheat oven 350 degrees. Cook pasta and drain. Prepare alfredo sauce, using milk. Stir in lemon peel. Set aside.

In large skillet, melt butter. Add mushrooms, onion, garlic. Saute. Stir in spinach. Cover. Cook until spinach wilts. Stir in shrimp. Cook 2 minutes.

Combine all ingredients in casserole dish. Bake for 30 minutes. Serves 4.

Shawna

My hubby only married me for these cookies.........
Chocolate Chip Cookies

2 1/4c flour
1 tsp baking soda
1 tsp salt
1 c softened butter
3/4 c white sugar
3/4 c brown sugar
1 tsp vanilla
1 tsp almond extract (trust me, this is the secret part)
2 eggs
2 c chocolate chips

Combine flour, baking soda and salt. In a seperate bowl blend butter, sugar, vanilla, and almond extract until creamy. Add eggs 1 at a time. Add dry ingredients, mix, then add chocolate chips 1/2 c at a time. Drop onto cookie sheet. Bake at 375 for 10 -12 minutes or until bottoms are golden brown.

mrskloo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shawna
My hubby only married me for these cookies.........
Chocolate Chip Cookies

My husband found this hilarious!
Before I met him I didn't know how to cook ramen.
oh.gif
ops:

moonrevel

Quiche! I absolutely love quiche. Few foods make me happier than a good vegetarian quiche. This recipe is sort of half Betty Crocker, half made up as I go along, hehe:

Crust (for either a nine or ten inch deep dish pie pan):
1 cup flour
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/3 cup + 1 tablespoon shortening
3 tablespoons cold water
mix together the flour and salt, cut in shortening, moisten with water to gather in a ball to spread into the pie pan.

Filling:
5 eggs
2 cups heavy whipping cream
3/4 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon sugar
1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
Basically just whisk all this together in a large bowl.

You can pretty much put anything into it and any kind of cheese, but I like to cut up 2 small vine tomatoes and a bunch of green olives in mine with cheddar cheese. Basically, put your vegetables or what have you into the crust, put about a cup of grated cheese over it, and then slowly pour in the egg mixture. Bake for 15 minutes at 425 degrees and reduce the heat to 300 degrees for 30 more minutes, and let stand for 10 minutes before serving.

Sanne

chocolate banana cake:

you need:
3 bananas,
190 gram baking flour(with baking powder)
190 gram sugar
2 eggs
3 tablespoons of olive oil
chopped nuts(hazel and pecan)
150 grams chopped chocolate

mash the bananas with a fork, and throw into a bowl. add the sugar, and stir. add the flour, and stir.
add the egg and the oil, and stir, and add the chocolate and the nuts, and stir again. keep stirring for like a minute, and poor it into a bake-form, and bake off in 50-60 minutes @ 175 degrees celcius.

result: http://www.specktra.net/forum/album_pic.php?pic_id=1071

ps I'm going to glaze this one with melted chocolate, and put some icecream over it!

Demosthenes

Yummy! That pic looks sooo good.

I forgot to add a recipe of my own! This is a modified one from my co-worker:

Melt in your mouth chocolate cake:
7 oz. butter (14 tbsp)
7 3/4 oz. good quality dark chocolate
1 1/4 cups of sugar
5 eggs
1 rounded tbsp of flour *not a typo*

Heat oven to 400 degrees. Melt butter and chocolate together (double boiler is good but I use a microwave), stir in sugar and allow to cool a little. Then you mix each egg in, making sure you stir well. At the very end, add the flour (LOL, yes, only a tbsp) and mix.

Then you pour it into an 8 inch cake pan and bake it for 35 minutes. When you pull it out, it may be trembly, but that's how it's supposed to be. It's so smooth and creamy... It literally does melt in your mouth.
smiles.gif

foreveratorifan

OMG the dessert receipes I MUST make for my hubby, especially groupie's banana cake one!! he would love it!

and the quiche sounds delicious!!

we should have a low-fat, healthy receipe thread too (since i'm doing weight watchers i have to watch that kinds of stuff!)

smiles.gif

Janice

Quote:
Originally Posted by foreveratorifan
we should have a low-fat, healthy receipe thread too (since i'm doing weight watchers i have to watch that kinds of stuff!)

smiles.gif

I'm on WW too, you should buy some of their cookbooks. I have a few and everything I have made from them has been delicious.
smiles.gif