what are the goup interviews like...

Pushpa

what is the process that one would go through i am just curious i never knew they held group interviews

kimmy

i THINK (i'm not sure because i have ye to actually attend one, being only 17) that it goes something like this:

1) they'll ask you questions like why do you want to work at mac? what could you bring to the company? why should we hire you? what's your retail/cosmetic background? etc.
2) they take you all into a room with tools, makeup and models (i think at some places you have to provide your own model) and they tell you to make your model up in like 10 minutes or some shortish time period.

i could be wrong, but i believe both of those things are part of the group interviews (if not the group interviews, i KNOW they are part of the hiring process, i'm just not 100% on which part hahaha!)

HTH!

d_flawless

wow, going by that alone (elimination) would be so much pressure. i guess it's to weed out those who they feel aren't as up to par...

shabdebaz

Hi Pushpa. I went through the group interview process last year in October when MAC started their Christmas help interviewing. Basically, there are about 8-9 people in each group. Everyone goes to a room where they all sit around a table, kind of like a boardroom meeting. There are two managers there that also sit at the table. They basically ask everyone to introduce themselves and tell everyone a little bit about themselves.

After that come the very general type questions: What do you know about MAC? Why do you want to work for MAC? How did you become interested in this field? What does good customer service consist of? What would your best friend say is your best quality? What inspires you? etc, etc....

The kicker is, that the questions are not asked to each individual...they are just thrown out there. You HAVE to make yourself stand out by answering the questions first. Now, imagine 8-9 people trying to do this at the same time! Yeah, it can be pretty unnerving, especially for someone who is shy.

Also, a BIG thing that they look at is if you fit in the "MAC image". In other words, can you look and act the part -- makeup, dress, great attitude, enthuastic about makeup artistry and if you are generally trendy....and NO, they don't look at looks, like a lot of people think. At least, I don't think so.

The group interview is very general. I think it is a way for them to weed out tons of applications without having to do a ton of traditional interviews.

Pushpa

thank you shabdebaz

lol i wish i read this b4 sunday hahaha but i feel really good now i stood out i was everything you wrote i should be hahaha

thank you once again very helpful