What are the MUST haves from the new collections?

_trimm_trabb

Well my budget for cosmetics is damn near non-existant right now, but I would like to get something from Smoke Signals/Blue Storm. In your opinion, what are the must-haves from these collections, limited to under 5 products? Thanks!
smiles.gif

lethaldesign

The kohl powers!!! Do NOT miss these! I would say get all 4 of the k/p & then Thunder e/s
smiles.gif
But that's me personally... hehe.

melliquor

I would like to know this as well. I don't want to get to much because I would like to get some older items from Ebay and stock up on the pro products. SS & BS doesn't appeal to me much. I am definately going to get 2 shadows and Feline Kohl Power. I have heard alot about the KP.

Which 2 shadows from Blue Storm would you recommend?

yummy411

the small haul that i did get (barely lit l/s and mystery khol power) I would get the mystery khol power... it's a muti dimensional shadow like club over sharkskin shadestick, but in the form of a pencil.. uber cool)

if i had the money and REALLY wanted some shadows from the collections.. i would either get one of the palettes or the blue veluxe pearl e/s (not the matte one that looks like plummage) and the purple e/s ( sorry, i wasn't as impressed with the collections so i didn't commit the names to memory)

lethaldesign

Quote:
Originally Posted by melliquor
Which 2 shadows from Blue Storm would you recommend?

Thunder & Blue Storm. The rest are pretty easily duplicated with perm colors.

Deirdre

Another vote for the kohl powers. I can`t stop using them. Just lovely. Also, I think Stormwatch is my favorite individual color, especially paired with Bronze.

Chrystia

I'm going to vote for Silver Fog pigment. I love it. It is beautiful and imo it happens to look incredible with the smoke signals pigment.

Turbokittykat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chrystia
I'm going to vote for Silver Fog pigment. I love it. It is beautiful and imo it happens to look incredible with the smoke signals pigment.

Silver Fog pigment is a Pro product so that will be easily available at a later date. If money is tight I'd suggest getting LE products for now and waiting for Silver Fog.

foxyqt

SS and BS have not arrive yet at my country but i know im getting the kohl powers for sure! and maybe illicit l/g cuz i heard lotsa nice things about it =)

Chrystia

I just used my Rainy Day Nail Lacquer and I am adding this to must haves from Blue Storm. The color is beautiful and unique. I've never seen a shade for nails like this before, so i'd recommend looking at that too.

BloodMittens

Things I would suggest?

All the kohl powers, but if you don't wanna get all of them, Feline and Mystery are awesome!

Whirlwind and Wildfire Nailpolishes. Both of these are SOO gorgeous on, seriously, I have never found a non-black nailpolish that I like, and both of these took the cake.

Blue Storm and Thunder Eyeshadows are also really pretty. Especially Blue Storm, it really doesn't look a thing like any other eyeshadow, and it's the best in person!

Randy Rose

I'm not thrilled with the KPs. They're fine (I only got Orpheus) but I'll always and forever be a Fluidline boy.

I'd say Burnin' is a must have, and the sort-of-matching lipglass, Bazaarish. I also bought Stormwatch, which I ADORE (looks INCREDIBLE with Big T layered over it). I also think Emote is an absolute contouring MUST if you have light skin.

claresauntie

I love a few of the lipsticks and lipglasses. Ok, all of the lipsticks and some of the lipglasses. OK, all of the lipsticks and just the Soft & Slow lipglass and the Lightning lipglass (though we never got Bizaarish, and I think I'd have liked that one).

And Thunder is nice.

I thought the three nailpolishes that are new are definite musts.

If I had to just get 5 things, I think I'd get these because they are unique:
-all three nailpolishes that are LE
-Mellow Flame
-Lightning lipglass

MissVanessa

I really loved Whirlwind polish. It's just beautiful. Also, Feline Kohl Power is awesome, but if you're happy with something that you use now I'd wait and get it with McQueen. Blue Storm is awesome, it looks like a mix between Freshwater and Deep Truth in the pot, but it goes on a little more purpley. I did get Thunder, but it looks VERY similar to Mystical Mist and Fertile (which are both LE) I did get Atmospheric lipglass because it's too unique for me to pass up. I passed on Cumulus because I have Rondelle and they're TOO similar for me, and Cloudburst cause I have Black Tied and i never use it. I passed on both quads only cause I have enough shadows to make a black or brown smokey eye as it is and I don't wear it that often. I don't have Plumage to compare, but I did get Stormwatch and I really like it. I didn't get any other lipsitcks/glasses cause I'm not too much of a nude lips girl but I might go back for soft and slow.

It all just depends on what you would wear often enough, or what you think you might regret passing on later. Do you wear/have enough blues or purples to pass on Thunder and Blue Storm? Do you really need another black liner? Will you really wear a purple or silver lipglass? Do you need some more nude lipsticks?

Sorry that was long! That's the way I always sit and figure out what I really need to get if I'm low on money. It's always hard for me to narrow things down but sometimes it must be done!
smiles.gif

I hope that helps narrow it down even just a little!

Twinkle_Twinkle

Quote:
Originally Posted by lethaldesign
Thunder & Blue Storm. The rest are pretty easily duplicated with perm colors.

I agree. I also agree wih Yummy, get Myster k/p, it is one of the coolest lines I've ever seen and to dupe it you would have to use atleast 2 or 3 different products, and I don't even know which ones would begin to give a simlar effect. Skip Feline. It's just a black liner. And get Bazzarish (sp) l/g from Smore Signals. So thats 4 things.

IvyTrini

Must haves:

Gentle Fume quad, ALL THE KOHL POWERS, Smoke Signals pigment, Thunder e/s, Rainy Day nail polish. of all of these, the feline kohl power is the buy of the collections!

igswonderworld

I ordered from the website and my friend who was supposed to bring them home hasn't met up with me yet but I can say that kohl powers look like not to be missed. I also got stormwatch e/s, brew l/s (because I needed a nude lipstick) and the nail polishes: wildfire, and the blues (can't remember their names right now) anyway I haven't tried them yet - but hopefully they're gonna look divine this fall where I have a lot of attracting to do :p
btw: I'm definitely trying big t over stormwatch: sounds amazing!!

Latest posts