what are these things?

ilovexnerdsx

when browsing style.com and seeing pictures from backstage at many of the fashion shows, a lot of times the models have these white paper looking things clipped in their hair just over their ear.

i might be stupid, but what are these and what is the point of them?

00200m.jpg

00060m.jpg

MiCHiE

To keep the hair back and the paper is a buffer so that lines are not formed from the pressure of the clips.

aeni

Those are hair clips with hair roller paper underneath. This is to prevent the clip from crimping or leaving an impression on the hair.

aeni

Someone thought it was fashionable! Definitely grabs your eye, but if I saw it on the street I'd think that person left home in too much of a hurry to finish their look.

ilovexnerdsx

the first picture was from backstage at (i THINK) mcqueen s/s rtw 2008.

they go around taking pictures and i imagine the model just posed. it's what models do
lol.gif

aziajs

Quote:
Originally Posted by ilovexnerdsx
the first picture was from backstage at (i THINK) mcqueen s/s rtw 2008.

they go around taking pictures and i imagine the model just posed. it's what models do
lol.gif

Exactly. If you ever see any of the photo sites like Getty Images or WireImage you see tons of backstage photos of models. They just pose whenever a photographer wants to snap a shot of them.

aeni

Quote:
Originally Posted by aziajs
Exactly. If you ever see any of the photo sites like Getty Images or WireImage you see tons of backstage photos of models. They just pose whenever a photographer wants to snap a shot of them.

Then I'd say this "Lucky/Great lighting!"
smiles.gif

Latest posts