What are you doing for Halloween?

kaliraksha

I love Halloweeeeeen! Probably part of why I like makeup. Was wondering what you guys are going to be for Halloween? What are you doing that night or weekend? What ideas are you choosing between?

Seems like Halloween is all over the place.... crafts, shopping, recommendations, and just plain chatter. So I decided to put it here so that it can be unabashedly chatty.

xsnowwhite

I love halloween it is my favorite holiday! I am not sure what I am going to be which is rare...but im already planning for it. I made red velvet cupcakes with black rose chocolates on top to go for an early halloween/creepy theme ha

thezander

I love Halloween too and I hope I get the chance to go do something fun that weekend! We just moved into an apartment that is pretty "cozy", so I don't know that we could host our own party this year. As for costumes, I would kinda love to go as The Dude from The Big Lebowski! But I need to get a job first so that I can buy the necessary componants. I'd probably also have to use spirit gum on my face for the fake goatee, which is a big pain, but I would do it. I might do it next year if I can't get it together this time.

sillylilacs

I still haven't decided what I want to be though..I am thinking of doing Queen of Hearts? =O Or Belle haha IBeauty & the Beast has always been one of my top favorite movies of all time! ^_^

kaliraksha

Yay, fellow Halloween lovers united!

My friends always throw a party with all the usual shenanigans. I am making high top cupcakes... all black... they are chocolate cupcakes with vanilla buttercream and then the top is completely dipped in chocolate so they're kind of like dipped ice cream cones, then I'm going to top them with these little decorative bats I saw at Hobby Lobby. They are kind of going to be part of my costume because I am going as Morrigan from Darkstalkers.

Well, ok I know her first from Capcom VS games, but now I play puzzle fighter and she's a character there too. I was looking at her costume and I realized it was cute, easy, and can be done (I hope). She's a "succubus" with bat wings that turn into little bats (cupcakes!). If you google Morrigan there are some images of some cosplayers doing it. I don't intend to be so accurate... I'm going to stamp some purple tights... slightly opaque... make or find bat wings/headband... buying a long green wig. I have black boots and worse case scenario a black swimsuit that can somehow be fused to a strapless black bra, lol and sew on a white feather boa for sides. I don't quite think I'll go for the super sexy version, but I can still get the main concepts and ideas. Haven't decided on makeup... anyone have any tips on where to get the type of tights/leggings that dancers wear... the ones without the control panty tops that show?

Sadly, there are only like 23 days left 'til party weekend and I haven't really started beyond finding the wig I like. Need to get to ordering, but I'm freaked out to order accessories 'til tights and bodysuit work out.

sillylilacs

I saw the word cupcakes...and I immediately thought of this:

Halloween Recipes: Creepy Cupcakes Recipe | Halloween Cupcakes | FamilyFun

Random? Yes...but I thought I'd share it anyways...

And @kaliraksha, everything sounds so cool!
yahoo.gif
And no worries, everything will work out =D It's only the 5th ^_^ (even though it always seems times flies when you're searching for something) =D

LMD84

i hope you all have fun! in the uk people don't really do much for halloween to be honest. kids go trick or treating but generally we only get 1-5 people coming to our door for it! and none of my friends are into it so we never have a party or anything! how boring we all are!

kaliraksha

Aww, Lou that would be disappointing for me. I love to play dress up. Maybe just host a costume party conveniently the same weekend =)

m_3

In all my 18 (soon to be 19) years of life, I've never celebrated Halloween. I've never trick or treated, dressed up, passed out candy or have been to Halloween parties. Since I've started college I want to try new things, so this year I plan on dressing up as a greek goddess or a goth/emo kid. I plan on doing FOTDs for each look.

m4dswine

Halloween is only just getting really big over here, but I shall be out and about again this year.

I'm DJing at a club on the Thursday before Halloween, then probably going to a live rock night on the Friday. I shall be dressing up both nights - not sure what as yet, but plenty of time to think about it!! My set on Thurs 28th will be Halloween themed.

belle89

Quote:
Originally Posted by m_3
In all my 18 (soon to be 19) years of life, I've never celebrated Halloween. I've never trick or treated, dressed up, passed out candy or have been to Halloween parties. Since I've started college I want to try new things, so this year I plan on dressing up as a greek goddess or a goth/emo kid. I plan on doing FOTDs for each look.

I never celebrated Halloween until college also. My parents are very religious so we never celebrated it.

I have no idea what to dress up as. I'm headed to VA beach for a big party Saturday night. I have no plans for Thursday and Friday night, but I just turned 21 last week so I know drinks will be involved! It sounds like I'll need a few costumes...

kaliraksha

Quote:
Originally Posted by m_3
Since I've started college I want to try new things, so this year I plan on dressing up as a greek goddess or a goth/emo kid. I plan on doing FOTDs for each look.

I love the greek goddess costume. There is so much freedom on how to dress, hair and makeup. Definitely fun and comfortable... lace up sandals and a long flowy dress.

Quote:
Originally Posted by m4dswine
I'm DJing at a club on the Thursday before Halloween, then probably going to a live rock night on the Friday. I shall be dressing up both nights - not sure what as yet, but plenty of time to think about it!! My set on Thurs 28th will be Halloween themed.

That's really awesome! I hope you let your venues influence your costume choices.

Quote:
Originally Posted by belle89
I never celebrated Halloween until college also. My parents are very religious so we never celebrated it.

I have no idea what to dress up as. I'm headed to VA beach for a big party Saturday night. I have no plans for Thursday and Friday night, but I just turned 21 last week so I know drinks will be involved! It sounds like I'll need a few costumes...

As a small word of advice for all of you all who haven't dressed up much for halloween... especially ones going to parties... keep in mind comfort and being able to walk through doorways (wings, ugh).

Looking forward to hearing other people's plans.

bellaboomboom

Halloween is my FAV holiday! I decorate like crazy. Inside and outside of the house. As a matter of fact, that's what I'll be doing this weekend.
th_DANCE.gif

MissAlexisDDD

We get to dress up for school so I'm stuck between either A) Fafinette B) Sugar Skull C) The "Tinned" Mac face chart or D) a Mermaid

What do ya'll think?

thezander

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissAlexisDDD
We get to dress up for school so I'm stuck between either A) Fafinette B) Sugar Skull C) The "Tinned" Mac face chart or D) a Mermaid

What do ya'll think?

Sugar skull sounds awesome, especially if you can find a few fresh chrysanthemums for your hair! Fafinette is cute too =) You should post some pics of what you end up doing!

Latest posts