What are you getting other people for Xmas?

user46

im like ... almost done xmas shopping! now i have to pay off my credit card debt, because that's what i used to go shopping with, lol. grrrr.

Mom -
- blockbuster palette from sephora
- these tall brown boots from alloy (so damn cute)
- some makeup brushes and drugstore makeup

Dad -
- nothing yet.

Sister -
- a pair of shoes
- shirt

Boyfriend -
- belt from AE.
- shirt from AE.
- 3 shirts from Hollister
- A pair of sneakers

i just have to get my dad something and thats it!
do you guys think that's good? sometimes if i dont get like ... alot of presents i feel like im being cheap. but that's good enough i suppose.

MACATTAK

Does your dad read? Like music? I find gift cards are an awesome gift! My brothers are moving out together soon, so I've bought them a whole bunch of house stuff. My dad I've already bought him a watch & that's about all I've done as of now.

MxAxC-_ATTACK

Quote:
Originally Posted by V15U4L_3RR0R
To be honest I don't really plan that stuff until December.

Me either!! I went to the mall today and they already have their Xmas decorations up!! I was like " Damn .. I won't be even thinking of buying christmas presents for another .. month or so! "n

Target has ALL their christmas decorations out too.. we are still weeks away from thanksgiving!

Kimberleigh

My husband is getting a son.
greengrin.gif

Honestly, though, I'm so preoccupied with getting my shit together for this kid, I can't even fathom dealing with Christmas shopping. Sounds horribly selfish, but right now I just can't even do it right now. We were in Babies R Us yesterday and they were already playing Christmas music. So. Not. Ready.

Leilani78

damn props to u for doing ur christmas shopping now. i havent even thought of that stuff yet.

user46

im just tryna get all the stuff out the way, so i can pay off my credit card bill

MACATTAK

Quote:
im just tryna get all the stuff out the way

I totally agree. Me and crowds don't mix. I like to do it early and get it out of the way. I cannot stand the December frenzy.
nonono.gif

alien21xx

Quote:
Originally Posted by MACpro__*
i just have to get my dad something and thats it!
do you guys think that's good? sometimes if i dont get like ... alot of presents i feel like im being cheap. but that's good enough i suppose.

That's quite a lot already! I'm sure they'll be very happy with the gifts you're giving them
smiles.gif

For my family here's what I have:

Dad - iPhone. (can't help it, it's what he wants, and it's hard to top what I gave him last year--wireless home theater set)

Mom - Benefit make-up palette (it's not as grand as my dad's gift because I just recently paid off her huge credit debt)

Older Sister - Benefit make-up palette. She's been harping for more make-up recently!

Younger sister - mini skirt

Older brother - T-Shirt

Younger brother - graphics accelerator for his PC

Baby half-brother - toys for 1 year-old

Baby Nephew - toys for 2 year-old

Sister-in-law - shoulder bag

Stepmom - Too Faced Make-up palette

Grandma - mini vacation to her province

And that's just my nuclear family! It's not even counting all the cousins, aunts, uncles, nieces and nephews from my cousins. My family is huge!

COBI

I used to really overspend on my family and friends (my piles for my nieces and nephew would be similar to "Santa's" piles.) This was so unnecessary, so I simplified. I don't know exactly what I'll be getting everyone, but I know I will keep it simple once again ($30-$40 ea). There is no need for me to spends hundreds on people; we are comfortable financially and without simplifying, it simplies becomes cyclical and can get out of hand.

What I did last year was simplify for my friends and family, and then bought 2 shopping carts worth for a "toys for tots"-type local program as well as making additional donations to some of my personal charities. I will likely do the same this year.

glamdoll

I like shopping around Black friday!! SALES! and I already have in mind what Im getting for who. but wont go shopping till after november.

ritchieramone

I've been trying to get a Wii for my husband. I thought everyone was over them now and I could walk into a store and get one or easily buy one online but no such luck ...

xsnowwhite

ooh this is fun
your ideas are great!

mom: bare escentuals classic rock set from sephora
dad: a new coffee maker lol
sister: some cute flats and a matching shirt or something
bro: hollister cologne (hes like a cologne collector lol)
bestfriend: not sure yet. def. need ideas from her! She LOVES those mac cartoon lip balms, i bought her one last year but the CCO out here is out so im at a loss
hmm.gif

labellavita7

ssad.gif
i don't have enough money to buy anyone presents right now

usually i try to buy everyone nice things but i can't afford much, and i feel bad now

IL0VEMYB0Y

for me imma give out gifts cards from dollar tree store no more then a $1 tax its coming out from their pocket lol

xsnowwhite

Quote:
Originally Posted by MACATTAK
^^ Ebay always has those up for sale!

thanks i never thought of that!
theres a listing of all 5 which i would love to buy but its 100 dollars!!
hmm.gif

seems a little high lol.
and i dont even have ebay booo.

Raerae

I'm such a scrooge lol... I hate this month =p

I would be totally fine with just getting together and enjoying a good bottle of wine and a nice dinner with family. I think the whole gift giving is so forced... I really don't need a holiday to give a gift, if I see something I know someone i care about would like, I get it for them. I don't need a holiday to do that =\ I guess in my family we just give each other gifts 365...

I have to think about my boyfriend, and his parents though. Since I'm sure I'll end up spending some time over the holidays at his house and with his family.

ms_bloom

alien21xx, you're so generous :)

I generally only buy presents for a few people each year and get them something really nice, rather than buying lots of little things for everyone I know.

Boyfriend - no idea. Got him a flying lesson last year, don't know how I'm going to match/top that.

Little brother (14) - a new computer! Our parents will help out with this, but I'm the one organising it. He's a gamer so it will be a custom build with all the best gaming peripherals.

Little sister (17) - iPod Nano (second generation) and maybe some associated accessories. She got a laptop last year (split between my parents and I), so it's not like we favour my little brother or anything.

My other brother (26) - probably nothing, lol, we don't tend to buy each other things.

Mum - a massage thingie that goes on your chair. She needs to pick this out herself though, she's so choosy :)

Dad - my parents are separated and my and the kids' relationship with dad is a bit distant ... this thread got me thinking he would really appreciate something though, maybe a nice photo of me and the kids in a nice frame.

My boss / internship supervisor - something small but nice, no idea what.

And something small but nice for a couple of my closer friends.