What are you getting your mama for Mother's day/yourself?

Obreathemykiss

Hi guys. I am having the toughest time trying to figure out what to make my mom for mother's day. I think a homemade gift would be much more appreciated than perfume or clothes or whatever. I used to write her poems but this year I want to do something a bit different...not to mention I'm getting older now (not that old, just going to be 22). Anyway, I was thinking about getting a large ceramic pot and painting what she means to me and making a decal of a photo of her and I to stencil/rub on. In other words, painting something like "Mom, you are my sun and allow me to shine, you are my clouds and protect me, you are the air that keeps me going..." Or something like that and gluing rhinestones and stuff to it too. I want to plant dahlias because they are beautiful. I also saw a few things on etsy that she would adore:
Etsy :: MariposaAvenue :: Yellow and White Clover Lamp - limited editionEtsy :: TaDahpdx :: Marble Garden Sphere-- Free Shipping

What do you think?
Anyway, what are you guys getting your moms for mother's day? If you are a mother, what do you wish for?

Thanks and lots of love!

SuSana

My sisters and I are putting our money together and buying our Mom roses and a Waterford vase (she loves Waterford) and a gift certificate to a spa for a facial & a massage. We tend to stick to things we know she will love and get use out of because she is kind of picky. But even if she doesn't like it at least she always pretends to
smiles.gif

CoConutNwuT

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuSana
a gift certificate to a spa for a facial & a massage. We tend to stick to things we know she will love and get use out of because she is kind of picky. But even if she doesn't like it at least she always pretends to
smiles.gif

omg ok so u just helped me totally in figuring out what im going to get my mom! she loves massages and all that! shes gonna love it! lol thanks so much!
th_DANCE.gif

MACATTAK

What a fun thread! I'm definitely going to cook her a meal (her choice), as for gifts I'm not sure yet! Have to talk to my brothers on that one. No matter what I do though, it seems like it could never compare to what she does for me, and what she means to me. I know that's not the point, but that's how I feel
smiles.gif

purrtykitty

As it stands, we'll be getting my mother some nice shirts (that's what she wants, so that's what she'll get!) and my MIL a gift certificate to a salon (unless she gets back to me with something else she wants). I have my ideas, but I also want to make sure they're happy and get what they want. We'll probably go out to brunch or dinner or something like that, too.

NutMeg

Usually my siblings get together and cook my parents a big fancy meal for any special day. It was much cooler when we were younger, but now that I've moved out it doesn't have quite the same impact. We'll probably do that and get her something nice.

Brittni

Last time I bought my mom a massage gift certificate (good for a year, mind you) it went unused! And she's SUCH a hard worker (literally working insane amounts of overtime as a CNA to have taxes take it all away, lol) that I was surprised.

For Christmas, I always go big. I surprise her with tons of stuff. Bed comforters, reed diffusers, jewelry, books, candle holders, mp3 player, perfume set, etc. Sooooo...for mother's day I like to make it more special.

I love your ideas, Obreathe! They are so sweet and thoughtful. We have a lot of pottery shops around where you can paint your own things. A painted vase with flowers would be such a cute idea; maybe a decorative plate, or something useful, etc. I know flowers are really typical for most people, though. I think I'm going to send my mom flowers a week before at her work as a surprise & thank you. As for what else I'm getting her...no idea yet (she is SO selfless), besides a card from me AND one from the kitten (LOL:p)

CantAffordMAC

I already got my mom a gift certificate to my salon for xmas, she hasnt used it yet.

I'm thinking about seriously getting her mac. if not, then maybe her perfume. i cant cook for her because my stepdad always does

stacylynne

My brother & I are getting my mom a gift certificate to a spa for a massage, facial, mani & pedi. She likes the pampering stuff. Plus we get her breakfast & flowers.

theblackqueen

I think I'm gonna get my mom some Shu Uemura eyelashes. She always asks me to keep an eye out for good false eyelashes and when I went to the lash bar yesterday I almost died of wonderful lash overwhelmance!

I still need to work on getting her part of her birthday gift. I already got her a lipstick... I need summin else for her though!

KikiB

I'm getting her a pair of peridot studs that I saw at a jewelry store. She wears a lot of green and yes, there is a really good deal involving them but I know she'll like them. Then I'll get her some of the summer Mentha body washes from work if we get them in before Mum's Day.

chrissyclass

My mom loves MAC and cake!

So in the morning I'll surprise her with a card and her fav Decadent Chocolate Caramel Cake and then I'll take her to the MAC counter and let her pick out whatever she wants.

coachkitten

I think I am going to get my mom a massage as well. It is the one thing that I know she will really appreciate and use. I like to try and be creative but it is hard!
smiles.gif

thebreat

My mom loves MAC. So I am going to use my pigments and mix some custom eyeshadow colors. Then I might melt some lipstick colors or use clear lipstick and pigment to melt down custom lipsticks. What I am working on is making a completely custom color compact so she has something no one else does. If I press them into pans I can put them into a x4 compact.

I'm thinking three eye shadows and a coordinating lipstick. What do you guys think?

coachkitten

Quote:
Originally Posted by thebreat
My mom loves MAC. So I am going to use my pigments and mix some custom eyeshadow colors. Then I might melt some lipstick colors or use clear lipstick and pigment to melt down custom lipsticks. What I am working on is making a completely custom color compact so she has something no one else does. If I press them into pans I can put them into a x4 compact.

I'm thinking three eye shadows and a coordinating lipstick. What do you guys think?

That is a really good idea! I wish my mom liked MAC!

ri0tdorque

Crap I really hope I don't forget this year I've always been so horrible at remembering stuff like this. But now that I'm a new mom the day has new meaning so I've not thought about what to get her but she's seeing me in June and I'm staying down in Florida a whole two weeks that should be enough of a present.

As for me it will be my second "Mother's Day" so I'm hoping for either shopping spree at MAC or Gymboree membership for me and my son.