What are your favorite blending colors (aka transition colors)?

mel33t

I really like MAC Malt or the brown from the Stila in the Light palette. UD Naked too. Makeup Geek Peach Smoothie is fun too if you're looking for something different. I find that some "transition" shades are actually too dark on me. I love the Soft Browns and Creme Brulé but they just look like I over did it.

DarylandCarole

Honestly I am not sure I know what a transition shade is since I don't watch a lot of YT. Is it the crease color, or any color that helps transition from one shade to another? any input, @Erine1881?

shellygrrl

Staff member
Not Erine, but this may help you... http://www.eyeshadowaddictsanonymous.com/2013/01/a-guide-to-mac-transition-colors.html (see second paragraph) I don't really use transition colours because for me, eye space is practically at a premium, and I have semi-hooded eyes. (My crease is virtually invisible when my eye is open, which leaves me with little space under the browbone.) From MAC, I really like using Copperplate in/above the crease. I've also liked using UD Naked in there, along with Makeup Geek Unexpected.

Maris Crane

It was LE, but absolute favourite is MAC Moleskin. I did get a backup off eBay though, so I think I'm okay.

Other MAC ones would be Bamboo (more yellowy), Malt, and Cork.
Non-MAC: Stila Puppy, NARS Blondie, UD Naked.

DarylandCarole

Not Erine, but this may help you... http://www.eyeshadowaddictsanonymous.com/2013/01/a-guide-to-mac-transition-colors.html (see second paragraph) I don't really use transition colours because for me, eye space is practically at a premium, and I have semi-hooded eyes. (My crease is virtually invisible when my eye is open, which leaves me with little space under the browbone.) From MAC, I really like using Copperplate in/above the crease. I've also liked using UD Naked in there, along with Makeup Geek Unexpected.
Thanks, Shelly! When I learned how to apply eye make up (long ago!) people weren't so big on blending so there was no transition color. I still have a decent space between my crease and brow so I figured I should learn more about it. Thx for your suggestions and the link!

DarylandCarole

It was LE, but absolute favourite is MAC Moleskin. I did get a backup off eBay though, so I think I'm okay. Other MAC ones would be Bamboo (more yellowy), Malt, and Cork. Non-MAC: Stila Puppy, NARS Blondie, UD Naked. 
Thanks, Maris! I have Bamboo and Malt so I'll try them. I assume these are only for earth toned eye looks? I like using colors a lot. Which are a bit harder to blend on my pale skin. Personally I don't mind a dramatic eye look but I don't want to be making a big beauty faux paus.

Maris Crane

Thanks, Maris! I have Bamboo and Malt so I'll try them. I assume these are only for earth toned eye looks? I like using colors a lot. Which are a bit harder to blend on my pale skin. Personally I don't mind a dramatic eye look but I don't want to be making a big beauty faux paus.
Yeahhhh. I'm sorry, I'm boring, so the most colourful I get is a shimmery violet, olive green or like, Mythology on the lid - and then a beige shade in the socket with a matte cream on the brow.
rofl.gif
That's the stuff for a wild night out.

BUT on the topic of Malt: I really like it paired with L'Oreal Amber Lights and Stila Kitten if you're looking for something to try it with.

ksweitzer777

Good info... I don't know much about transition colors but will definitely be referring to this guide tomorrow when I do my makeup.

Jennifae

Specktra Bestie
I use MAC Soft Brown as my transition color.

P.S. I moved this thread to Cosmetic Discussion since it's not limited to MAC.
peace2.gif

Icecaramellatte

I mostly use Mac Soft Brown but I'm new to using transition colors. I do wonder if I should use a cooler tone color to transition when I wear cool eyeshadows. What do you think?

Sandy072

I mostly use Mac Soft Brown but I'm new to using transition colors.  I do wonder if I should use a cooler tone color to transition when I wear cool eyeshadows.  What do you think?
I feel like this too. Soft brown is pretty warm on me so when I am doing a cooler look sometimes I use mauve from the Lorac pro palette instead. There's also a transition color in the UD Basics 1 that is much less warm than soft brown on me. I don't have a cool mac transition color but I think quarry would work or makeup geek unexpected. The only cool toned looks I do are purples.. Not sure if you'd need something different if you're doing a blue or cool gray look.. Hmm..

Latest posts