What are your favourite eyeshadows that emphasize your eye colour?

SweetJoy

A lot of my friends/family members/coworkers have been asking me for help with their makeup, and I've been thinking about putting together a palette to teach them the basics. I'm thinking 3 eyeshadows for each eye colour - an eyelid colour, crease, and highlight. I have a couple ideas for green since that's my eye colour (although I'd love some input) but I'm a bit stumped for brown, blue and hazel. What are some of your favourite eyeshadow looks?

DarylandCarole

A lot of my friends/family members/coworkers have been asking me for help with their makeup, and I've been thinking about putting together a palette to teach them the basics.  I'm thinking 3 eyeshadows for each eye colour - an eyelid colour, crease, and highlight.  I have a couple ideas for green since that's my eye colour (although I'd love some input) but I'm a bit stumped for brown, blue and hazel.  What are some of your favourite eyeshadow looks?
I have blue eyes and medium to dark brown seems to bring out the blue the most. It sucks in a way because I LOVE bright colors - purple, blue, green. They look okay, but browns and colors like Somoa Silk look the best.

sharkbait

How sweet of you!
I have brown eyes and the way I accent them is my making them look as big as possible (they're naturally big, but when I focus on making them wide and and like puppy dog-eyes, I get tons of compliments on them. Which I'd say is a success, because most people are into bright blue eyes.) Purple looks always get tons of positive comments (literally every single time I use the matte violet in dynamic duo 4) always with black on the outer v. Gold brings out the golden tones in brown eyes, so think Gorgeous Gold and Gold Mine with a blackened brown on the outer V (I use Carbonized). hth :)

MUAinspired

That's such a nice idea! :)

If they are not comfortable using 3 shades for one look, they can always get away with one shade and mascara
heart.gif

I am very pale (a NW10!), with dark hair and strange eyes. My eyes are green/blue with bright yellow circles around the pupil.

Here's some ideas you can use;

Above; All I'm wearing on the eyes is Satin Taupe eyeshadow with Zoom Fast Lash mascara. (I dabbed a little highlighter of mine in the inner corners and brow bone)

Above; Here I am wearing MAC's Mineralize eyeshadow duo in Exquiste Ego. This is a beautiful 2-in-1 compact which is great value for money. (Again, I'm also wearing the Zoom Fast Lash mascara with MAC's Veluxe Brow Liner in 'Deep Brunette'.) If I wanted to add a little more drama (as if the cat-eye liner isn't enough
tong.gif
), I'd suggest applying Mulch or Brun into the crease.

amyg

I have blue eyes and I find that red toned shadows bring out my eye colour. Especially Amaretto from the Too Faced Chocolate Bar palette and MAC's Coppering!

Dominique33

I often use pastels, blue ( soft or intense ) shades, nude colours and many more.....

Nars Guy Bourdin Wishful Thinking mono es
Chanel Tissé Riviera
Kiko quad
Chanel Mystère
Dior Garden Roses
Kiko quint ( spring 2014 )

I have brown eyes it helps !^^

diaanz

This one is not mac but it's my favorite pigment from MUFE.. the blue purple one!

SweetJoy

Thank you to everyone for the ideas! I think I put together a pretty sweet palette, which does include cranberry, copper ring, brun, and lots of purples. And of course satin taupe looks great on everyone, so I'm debating adding it to my palette, since I'm not entirely sure I want to share my own
tong.gif

Latest posts