what brush to apply pigments?

ilorietta

Hello everyone I was wondering what brush you use to apply pigments as eye-shadow (intense application or not) and if you have any suggestions to prevent mess and sparkles everywhere !!!
thanks!

VioletB

I've said this before and I will say it again
smiles.gif
If you use a little spongey tip applicater (scary, I know) you will always get the best color payoff, in my opinion. Just dip a little at a time from the lid and press the color on. Otherwise the 242 brush works pretty well, i don't think you get as much color though.. i am an advocate of the spongies!
smiles.gif

me_jelly

Similar thread already discussed here:
http://specktra.net/showthread.php?t...brush+pigments

Like I suggested in the above thread - I LOVE and swear by the 242 for pigments - the brush is really firm and dense (and perfect size), so it packs on the color perfectly (and make sure you pat, not sweep!) - some may prefer the 239, but I personally think that one is not as firm/dense and hence does not pick up as much color (i.e. it doesn't apply the color as vibrantly as the 242) - also, the 242 allows for less fallout than any other brush I've tried with pigments.

MACATTAK

Quote:
Originally Posted by VioletB
I've said this before and I will say it again
smiles.gif
If you use a little spongey tip applicater (scary, I know) you will always get the best color payoff, in my opinion. Just dip a little at a time from the lid and press the color on. Otherwise the 242 brush works pretty well, i don't think you get as much color though.. i am an advocate of the spongies!
smiles.gif

Do you use these same ones to apply the regular eye shadow as well? I seem to have issues with my brushes "eating" all my color
ssad.gif

VioletB

Quote:
Originally Posted by MACATTAK
Do you use these same ones to apply the regular eye shadow as well? I seem to have issues with my brushes "eating" all my color
ssad.gif

Yep i use little spongies when I do color all over the lid and I use the 217 to blend it out.. i think the 217 gives overall good color especially when you use it in the crease or the outer <.. I like the 219 too especially to smoke up my eyes with darker colors.

hunnybun

Quote:
Originally Posted by me_jelly
Similar thread already discussed here:
http://specktra.net/showthread.php?t...brush+pigments

Like I suggested in the above thread - I LOVE and swear by the 242 for pigments - the brush is really firm and dense (and perfect size), so it packs on the color perfectly (and make sure you pat, not sweep!) - some may prefer the 239, but I personally think that one is not as firm/dense and hence does not pick up as much color (i.e. it doesn't apply the color as vibrantly as the 242) - also, the 242 allows for less fallout than any other brush I've tried with pigments.

when you do the patting with the 242, do you use the pigments totally dry, or w/ a mixing medium? thanks!!!

VeXedPiNk

Quote:
Originally Posted by VioletB
Yep i use little spongies when I do color all over the lid and I use the 217 to blend it out.. i think the 217 gives overall good color especially when you use it in the crease or the outer <.. I like the 219 too especially to smoke up my eyes with darker colors.

I like the little sponges too. It allows a good sized area of coverage and holds the colour better too. I save my brushes for blending and application to the rest of my eye.

Plus, you can pick up a huge pack of cheap ones from dollar stores and such. Then you can throw them away easily... no mess, no clean-up :thumbsup:

me_jelly

Quote:
Originally Posted by hunnybun
when you do the patting with the 242, do you use the pigments totally dry, or w/ a mixing medium? thanks!!!

I usually apply all my pigments foiled - but the patting technique works the same when using pigments dry (i.e. it still ensures maxinum color intensity and minimum fallouts)