What brush to get... 182, 187 or 188

~Crystal~

Hey everyone!

I really want to get another brush- or all three even
lol.gif
but, due to limited funds, I can't do that, since these three are PRICEY!

Anyways, I'm really having trouble making up my mind, mainly because I already own the 182 and the 187. Thing is though... my 182 is SHEDDING! It's newish (from Amuse), and I've been treating it with extra care, but it's driving me MAD! I really do love this brush and how it works... but having to pick little black hairs off my face every time is really driving me nuts!
So should I buy another one instead and just leave this one? :confused:
As for the 187... it behaves perfectly- unlike my unruly 182! (and seeing as how I treat the 182 with even more care than the 187, it shows that I really haven't been abusing it or anything...). However, I've taken to using it to apply blush and CCBs lately, and it seems just a little big. Or it could just be me and how I use it... Which is why I was considering the 188, seeing as how it's meant to be smaller and all.

What do you guys think? Another 182? a 188? Or even another 187? Please let me know what you think!!
greengrin.gif

sheaspearl83

My 182 from the Amuse collection has shedded from Day 1 and I am anal about the care of my makeup and accessories but it still does a wonderful job. It think that it may just be the batch we have.

~Crystal~

That's a shame
ssad.gif

I really love the brush, but I'm not sure if i can afford to spend the time picking off the little black hairs from my face after every time i use it!

neeshie

Amuse wasn't that long ago and if you're brush is shedding despite good care, i would really complain to MAC about it if i were in your shoes.
My 182 doesn't shed and i love it. You shouldn't have to put up with sub standard products.

If you want a brush specifically for blushes, I'd get the 188.

YvetteJeannine

^^^ Yeah...I would take it back to the store/counter you bought it at, and explain to the MA about what's happening. I just bought one (but I haven't used it yet)....and I would think SOME shedding is normal...but not constantly!!! I'm sure they'll be happy to accomodate you.

If you are still wondering what to go with after that, I'd say another 187...SO versatile...but you should also try the 188 (an MA will let you try their disenfected brush) at MAC and see what you think...maybe it'll be better for your personal use..in CCB's and Creme Blushes.. If you think that one will work better for those specific purposes (since you already have one 187 for other purposes), then go with that one!

user79

Quote:
Originally Posted by YvetteJeannine
^^^ Yeah...I would take it back to the store/counter you bought it at, and explain to the MA about what's happening. I just bought one (but I haven't used it yet)....and I would think SOME shedding is normal...but not constantly!!! I'm sure they'll be happy to accomodate you.
[/color]
[/b][/I]

I agree. I got the LE 182 from the Catherine Deneuve collection and it does not shed very much at all. When I buff, I get maybe 1 hair that sheds out of the brush, so I think probably the one you got isn't a good batch or something. Since it is a really expensive brush, I would try to get it exchanged.

I wonder if the permanent 182 brush is any different than the LE Catherine Deneuve collection one??

~Crystal~

Ok I think I'll go with the 188, since my 187 behaves itself beautifully
smiles.gif

As for the 182... well if nothing else, it still does its job nicely. The little hairs are just a little annoying
smiles.gif

Thanks everyone!

mzreyes

i think kabuki brushes might just be like that in general? i dont have a 182, but i have the kabuki brush from benefit, and i love it. but it does shed a little bit. i wanted the 182, but i'd rather pay $20 for the benefit one. same thang
smiles.gif